[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got my parents to give me their old wall rug, and I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: 13-vtLJ5zs.jpg (112KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
13-vtLJ5zs.jpg
112KB, 660x495px
I got my parents to give me their old wall rug, and I want to hang it.
Problem is my living room doesnt have drywall, just brick. This particular rug is about 300x200cm and has about 50 or so hangers sewn on one edge, it was meant to be hung with a ton of nails on drywall.

How do I attach it to brick without drilling 50 holes?

I was thinking getting a long wooden board, attaching that to the brick with 4 or so anchors, and then nailing the rug to the board.

I never drilled much into concrete, or brick. What bits, and bolts do I use?
What is the best method of hanging this rug?
>>
>>1224690
>I was thinking getting a long wooden board, attaching that to the brick with 4 or so anchors, and then nailing the rug to the board.
That sounds like a very reasonable solution.

>I never drilled much into concrete, or brick. What bits, and bolts do I use?I'm sure there are hundreds of sites with sufficient information on that topic available with a simple web search.
>>
>>1224694
Oh and, you could research with how many anchors you need to fix the board to the wall by checking the weight of the rug and searching for that.
>>
Perhaps you could attach it to a wooden rod, and find a way to hang the rod itself?
>>
>>1224694
>>1224696
It's just a rug. Drill some holes with a hammer drill, and use plugs.
2 decently sized bolts/screws would be more than enough for this.
>>
File: 31720_APC_f800.jpg (58KB, 800x676px) Image search: [Google]
31720_APC_f800.jpg
58KB, 800x676px
>>1224690
get ohne of these badboys
>>
It'll be a good idea to stick to drilling the mortar between the bricks. Easier to patch up later, leaving no sign of what you did when the time comes to change things again.
>>
JB weld it to the wall senpai.
>>
>wall rug
This is a thing? Rugs go on floors.
>>
>>1224822
Meh. Used to work in a building with a psychotic persian rug salesman. People do weord shit sometimes. Half his sales or more were wall hangers. No earthly odea why
>>
>>1224696
Rug is about 60lb

>>1224774
Excellent suggestion.
>>
>>1224865
Because theres only one floor in each room.

There are at least 4 walls in the same rooms.
>>
>>1224690
>subtle faggotry pic
>>
File: tiered.jpg (42KB, 807x659px) Image search: [Google]
tiered.jpg
42KB, 807x659px
>>1224822
This is definitely a thing in slavshit countries.
>>
>>1224690
I have a wall rug that was hung exactly the way you described, by attaching it to a board and then attaching the board to the wall.
>>
>>1225216
*eastern slavshit countries
t.west slav
>>
Tapcons for the brick. U can figure out the rest.

I would sandwich to strips of wood with the carpet in the middle.
>>
>>1225432

this. google tapcons and how to use them. you need a hammer drill though, or you could go retard style and beat the back of a regualr drill with a hammer. good luck
>>
>>1225456
You can get away with a regular drill for small ones. Just takes longer. The packs come with bits to burn.

I can't see OP needed more than 4-6 little ones anyways.
>>
>>1225382
>>1225216
>>1224822
wall rugs are comfy
>>
>>1224754
how you know it ain't a girl senpai
>>
>>1225052
impeccable logic
>>
>>1224822
It's common among poor people in cold climates.
When wall are uninsulated they can be cold and sleeping with your back next to a freezing cold wall could be uncomfortable. Wall rug solves that problem the cheapest way possible
>>
OP here

>>1225785
It also insulates against sound, and looks good imo.
We had it because it was tradition, and that's why I wanna hang my parent's one

>>1225432
Just screw those in? No predrill holes? or do I need to predrill?
what do you mean by the sandwich part?
>>
Double sided tape.
>>
Pressure wash the rug first.
Not only will it look brand new, but it will take off about maybe around something like 30kgs of shit.

Not the ideal solution, but maybe try using something similar to liquid nails to stick the board to the brick.
That way you won't fuck up the brick.
>>
>>1224690
Anchor a board to the wall using tap cons and tack the rug to the board with as many nails as you want
>>
>>1226300
You'll always have to pre drill any stone walls. Be it Tapcons or plugs and screws.
Now stop listening to these needlessly complicated suggestions, and just hang it on 2 screws in the top corners.
>>
>>1224690
Coil Anchors or Tapcons will work fine and your plan is also fine
>>
>>1224690
>rig on a wall
Fuckin hipsters man
>>
Just more shit to trap dust on
>>
>>1226300
Obviously you didn't take 5 minutes go to the store and read the instructions on the box.

1) Predrill with the provided bit
2) place rug on brick
3) put wood on rug
4) screw in tapcons tight.

The wood will spread the weight across the rug. The tapcons by themselves will work.. Till they rip through.

>>1226449
Bro do you even wall rug? I did what you suggested the first time. Didn't last long.
>>
You honestly don't even need tapcons or plugs. We regularly hang heavy crap on brick and only use #12 hex head screws and zip ties. After drilling the hole put a zip tie in and cut it flush, If the mortar or brick is soft cut in extra zip ties and the screw grips into those. Ones we use are similar to HD SKU #592578.

Hanging a board and hanging the rug on the board would be the simple way to go.
>>
>>1226627
Then you did it wrong.
>>
>>1226959
LOL your mom said u were wrong last night
>>
File: k.jpg (45KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
45KB, 800x533px
>>
>>1225626
Because boys suppose to nail girls, not the other way around.
>>
>>1226404
I've seen those youtube videos. this rung spent 15 years hanging on a fall, and then rolled up for another 20. its mostly clean.
>>
Keep forgetting to take pics of the rug. Gonna try to hang it this week.

Will update.
>>
>how many anchors to hold the weight
>Rug is 60 lbs
Even a plastic 3/16" anchor can hold up to 400 kg on its own, just fuking put as many as you need jesus, i cringe everytime some guy walks in trying to buy 1/2" metal anchors to hand their 40 inch tvs to the wall
>>
File: rugwall.jpg (520KB, 2048x768px) Image search: [Google]
rugwall.jpg
520KB, 2048x768px
aight, pic relates is the wall, and carpet.

Can I use Tack Strips to hold it up?
>>
>>1228634
You could use smooth edge but your mileage may vary.
>>
>>1228692
Like tack strip that goes on a floor? No. Do what everyone told you to do, and drill some holes into the mortar and hang that shit. This thread is over.
>>
>>1226619
In old country rugs were walls.
>>
>>1228721
This ain't over till OP mans up and mounts rug or bitches out.
>>
>>1228721
Yes, like those. It's apparently a popular method.
>>
Called blues and screws you need a drill to drill a hole you put in the plastic screw insert (blue) and you drill your screw right into it it will hold for ever, I'm an electrician it is what we use to mount electrical disconnect boxes
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.