[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eletric guitar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Sup, im a woodworker and i would like to make myself an eletric guitar but i dont know anything about guitars is here somebody to help me or at least give me a list of thing i need in an eletric guitar
>>
Is this the new shipping container thread?
>>
>>1224812

Instead of being mean why don't you help him a bit?

A guitar electric variety needs a neck, body, strings, and pickups. everything else is optional.

those knob things at the end that tune the strings are the first upgrade that guitar makers consider.
>>
Electric guitars should be a lot easier to make than acoustic guitars because the microphones do the amplification of the sound and the body is there just for structural support.

I would guess that re-fitting the internals of a cheap electric guitar onto a wooden plank would be a good exercise for figuring out what each of the electrical components do. After that, it's simply applying that idea to a self-made guitar body.

Most electric guitar bodies are made out of two wooden pieces bolted together at the base of the neck. All guitars I've come across have an adjustable metal rod inside the neck that is used to fix any curvature of the neck caused by either the wood itself or the tension of the strings (I don't really know which, I just play them). The frets are simply metal pieces attached to hardwood and even they are optional; fretless bass guitars are quite common.

There are build-your-own-guitar kits that contain all the necessary parts but you do the woodworking yourself. Looking at a kit might be a good way to figure out what is needed for the body.
>>
>>1224667
Odds are high that you'll fuck up your first attempt one way or another. Getting a proper fit neck fit and getting the guitar to intonate properly can be a fucking mess.

By all means do it, but don't expect a one off deal. Commit and keep making them until you're satisfied.
>>
>>1224667
Here's a handy guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwIvUbOhcKE
>>
bleach, you need bleach
YOU need bleach
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.