[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cockroach is still alive after 24 hours in the diatomaceous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: DSCF0570.jpg (222KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0570.jpg
222KB, 1024x768px
>cockroach is still alive after 24 hours in the diatomaceous earth chamber

did I get memed?
>>
>>1224662
It's not a poison, it operates off a mechanical aspect.
Imagine if you put a bunch of sand and shit in some bearings, they wont last very long will they?
I mean, they will still work for a little bit, but the lifespan will be dramatically reduced.
Just like the life of that roach.
>>
>>1224662
it is supposed to be used dry, not wet
>>
>>1224664
>>1224665
does this shit even kill bugs if they only get a few specks of it on their legs? im starting to doubt the efficacy of this product
>>
>>1224666

you need to put a little black in there, that will kill it
>>
>>1224666
too bad, it won't work for you, get a refund, and apologize to the bug
>>
>>1224669
what?
>>1224671
sorry
>>
>>1224673
Shot of black improves coverage maymay.
>>
>>1224662
>4chan

did you cum on it first?
>>
>>1224669
Spotted the pro
>>
>>1224662
>diatomaceous
topkek
are you a retarded hippie?
>>
>>1224666
It doesn't do anything just like any other hippie nonsense.
>>
>>1224725
It's a repellent, supposedly. Doesn't kill anything.
>>
>>1224736

It's also baloney, supposedly
>>
>>1224662
Its a roach bud those things survive nukes
>>
That stuff worded great on my ant and flea infestation. Highly recommended. Takes a week or so but no chemical residues
>>
>>1224724
>>1224725
i just bought it because everyone hyped it up on the internet though
>>
>>1224838
The people who are afraid of "chemicals" hype it. Aka retarded hippies, like the other anon said.
To be fair, it's supposed to be very slow acting, requiring a week or two. And you're supposed to use quite a lot of it, so that the bugs get more than few specs.
>>
>>1224846
the roaches won't pool dive into mounds of it if i put too much in a pile though. they'll only walk over it if its a light coat, at which point it only gets on their legs. i guess i'll try boric acid
>>
>>1224846
Anons with infants don't really want their children rolling around in poison.
You'll understand when you're a little older there kiddo
>>
>>1224662
Look at that fucking finger.
>>
>>1224922
you're going to need more than one method to handle a roach infestation. You need to not only kill the current generation but prevent them from reproducing, and you also need to kill the next generation after they've been sterilized.
>>
>>1224664
Fuck off dog fucker, i hope you die.
>>
>>1224662

put some boric acid in and watch him die
>>
that shit is for bedbugs. bedbugs are much smaller and it works by dessicating them, aggressively drying them out TO DEATH. Pretty metal imo
>>
>>1224662
It only works on tiny things...
>>
>>1224662
I was under the impression that it was really small, sharp rocks that small insects didn't *like* to walk on. Meaning if you sprinkle it over an area they will avoid that area, but that it doesn't actively kill them, at least not quickly. Kind of like how if you detonate a stink bomb in a room people will leave and avoid that room, but if you lock them in there it doesn't kill them or anything.

You trapped that roach on it, so it has nowhere to go. The test you need to do is one with a control- trap the roach in a container half covered in that shit and half not, and see if it avoids the half with the diatomaceous earth on it. Then put food and water on the half with the earth and see how hungry it needs to get before it just says fuck it and walks over it to get to the food.
>>
>>1225018
Also, wash the roach off first. It looks like you probably coated the little fucker in that shit so it wouldn't matter if it's standing in it or not, it's always going to be uncomfortable and pissed at you.
>>
>>1224686
>Le

back
>>
>>1224766
This is it. DTE works by getting into and damaging the bugs spiracles (these little valve looking things that let the roach breathe) and clogging the trachea. The human equivalent is black lung. Not an instant death like an insecticide, but will work over time.

And yeah, you've got to pile that shit on. Two pounds per 100sf is the norm from what I've seen. As it's about 20 pounds per cubic foot, you can imagine how much is needed in a large house.
>>
File: 1500831819328.jpg (408KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1500831819328.jpg
408KB, 500x707px
>>1224662
>cockroach is still alive
>fails at removing kebab
Faggot.
>>
>>1224669
This. Shot of black works everytime.
>>
You're not supposed to apply DE thick. Insects will avoid them, but it doesn't solve the problem. You apply a light dusting of it so that the insects will walk over it, pick it up, spread it around to their friends, etc...Getting DE wet will also cause it to fail. The advantage to DE is that it's cheap and nontoxic, but it takes time to work, and usually bad for asthma.
>>
Clean your penis vacuum pipe, pls.
>>
File: DSCF0601.jpg (231KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0601.jpg
231KB, 1024x768px
the roach has died after 72 hours. rest in peace. not sure if it died of brain damage because i shook it around the tube or from DE.
>>
>>1226464

You seem a bit proud of yourself. Imagine his children wondering when daddy is coming home.
>>
>>1226464
oh sorry its actually 96 hours. the DE somehow solidified at the bottom.
>>
i tried this on a german roach and it was feet up in about 3 mins, it's legs had become huge with all the dust attached. looked like a bodybuilder. maybe your DE is too old, not static-y enough.
>>
>>1224982
y u mad tho
>>
File: C6gQY_iWMAMvUUU.jpg (29KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
C6gQY_iWMAMvUUU.jpg
29KB, 500x370px
>>1226469

Saged, reported, called the authorities.
>>
try the gel bait that comes in a big syringe, it murders all roaches they come in contact with. helped me a bunch during college. also move the fuck out of whatever ghetto hellhole you currently reside in
>>
File: 1494776074295.jpg (298KB, 1224x816px) Image search: [Google]
1494776074295.jpg
298KB, 1224x816px
>>1224664
Jesus Christ. You're on this board too?
>>
>>1224662
The stuff will basically dehydrate them over time, it won't kill them outright.
>>
File: el oh el.png (51KB, 623x348px) Image search: [Google]
el oh el.png
51KB, 623x348px
>>1226464
>>1226464
>>1229919

Yeah, the other anon stated this kills by damaging their shell causing them to lose moisture and thus dehydrating. It does kill but it takes a few days. If you see a few chances are there are a few thousand in your walls. Crack open an electrical outlet and inspect for feces. If you really want to kill them get a can of raid. go to your kitchen at 3 am hit the lights and mow them down with the spray. It will make a dent in their numbers if you do this like a week straight. Inspect your electronics they like to make nests in them specially shit you leave plugged in. Be dilligent about not leaving food containers open or leaving any bowls or cups with bits of food in them. Throw your trash out every night. DO you have books? These fuckers will ruin a book collection in a heartbeat. plastic wrap them until you can get a handle on them. You are luck that's not a German roach they are prolific breeders, which is why your roach took so long to die. its much larger than a German roach. Most of what I suggested is relating to dealing with German roaches. The one you caught chances are they breed outside of your house and walk in through cracks opportunistically so try to make sure no windows are slightly cracked and seal up door gaps in your front and rear entrances. Spread some of that dust generously around you entrances and thresholds. I believe in you op, you will make it.
>>
>>1229949
i actually live in an apartment and im pretty sure the entire fucking building has an infestation, so complete eradication is out of the question. all i can do is try to cut down their numbers.
>>
>>1225054
>20lb/ sq ft

So your house looks like a sand pit?
>>
>>1224669
Sounds about right, including blacks caused death
>>
>>1226541
kek
>>
>>1224725
>killing hordes of animals by basically make them walk through piles of broken glass until they bleed to death is "hippie nonsense"
>>
>>1229957
Find every crack and fill it with matching color caulk. Under sinks, around pipes, everywhere. Put boric acid in the refrigerator drip pan ( and vacuum under there while your down there).

If there is no food, they will eat any paper and sip condensation off pipes, so spay the pipes.
>>
I have a thread-relevant situation:

Is there any reason why the fuck there would suddenly be a fuckton of horse flies in my house? This literally happened overnight. I haven't seen one since I moved in a year ago and just today I've killed nearly 10 of them. I don't even know how more are still getting in. Is there any easy way to get rid of them? I've been chasing them down with a bottle of bleach spray to stun them and a shoe to smash them.
>>
>>1230562
Flies lay eggs on rotting things. Have a dead squirrel in the attic?
>>
>>1230562

They are probably breeding in your trash, how far away from your door is your outside trash can? Do you have a cover in your indoor trash can? More than likely they are coming in from outside.
>>
>>1225018
The proper control test would be to have at least 4 different jars with roaches. Put the material in half of them and see how long the roaches live. Redundant jars are necessary to make sure you don't just get a defective roach in one.

>>1230562
That happened a couple times and I still don't know. Maybe a mouse got behind the walls or something and died. They lasted a few days and then stopped appearing. Try getting some big container, putting bait inside, and unleashing raid once it's full of them.
>>
boric acid all the things

put it along every floor crack and every wall seam

the end
>>
So i got this rash, and went to the doctor and they said I had eczema, after a week it didn't go away after followi mg their insrructions. Now this was in fucking july, and I think it's bug bites, the only problem is I can't find any bugs. I've stayed up through the night with a flashlight and not a single trace. Last two weeks I blasted the house with DE and have been sleeping in the bathroom. But I'm still finding new bumps. Is it time to bug bomb the place? Or am I just going out of my mind?
>>
>>1231844
It's probably scabies.
>>
>>1224664
>Mrcrummy
YEEE
>>
>>1231893
What the fuck is that?
>>
>>1231944
Bugs that bore tunnels in your skin. Google it. They're nasty fuckers. You gonna have to bug-bomb the entire house, burn the bed with the bedsheets and your clothes. Good luck.
>>
>>1229949
>German roach
funny as i never saw even a single roach in germany
>>
>>1232287
Fuck!
>>
>>1232809
It's not as bad as anon is saying, scabies mites die after a few days without a human host. Not nearly as bad as bedbugs. High dryer heat should kill any in your clothes or bedsheets, and leave the house for a week or so to let any in the furniture starve out. A doctor (if they test for and diagnose it) will give you some topical medication to put on your skin and kill them real quick, but you'll be itchy for a while after the mites are actually dead.
>>
Delta (deltamethrin) dust is what you want.
Insects walk over it, lick it off their legs, then die.
>>
>>1232809
No need to destroy anything. Change bed sheets constantly, cover sofas, etc with something that can regularly be removed and cleaned. Then cover your entire body with the topical medication the doctor gives you and don't stop using it early. The itching does not go away right away as the anon above said.
>>
>>1229949
>they breed outside of your house and walk in through cracks opportunistically so try to make sure no windows are slightly cracked and seal up door gaps in your front and rear entrances.

Also helps to put bars on your windows and security signs on your lawn.

>>1230210
They have free will. It's their decision to trespass despite all the warning signs.
>>
>>1224662
use pyretherum dust, its used with live stock and you can buy it in dust form.
>>
>>1225054
It's supposed to remove their wax cuticle or whatever that keeps their moisture in. They dry out and die because it wipes it off. Works better on smaller bugs.
>>
>>1232859
Good luck getting a test. They won't do it.

Permethren topical @5% and lots of steam cleaning.
Wait 3 hours after shower before applying the cream.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.