[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wireless charging phone dock for ebike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: 20170808_194618.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170808_194618.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Wat u think?
>>
>>1224542
I think it's pointless since you could just as easily plug your phone into the cord the QI charger uses
>>
>>1224547

I actually tried that first, but my phone has kind of a gummed up bottom charging port and vibration kept working the plug free.
>>
You should add a big magnet so the phone doesn't fall off
>>
>>1224549
I like your idea, but as for your charging port issues, you can usually take a toothpick and gently pull/brush out dust in the charging port to help make a better connection.
>>
>>1224542
Loke it anon. What kind is the charger or home made?

Details and pics of ebike also if u fancy good sir!
>>
>>1224542
nice concept. But I'd be looking at a way to waterproof that. Cheapest way is spray goo, but that is a bitch if you ever have to take it off. Might see about making one out of ABS sheet plastic.
>>
File: ebike.jpg (563KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
ebike.jpg
563KB, 1680x945px
>>1224854

Here's the bike, before I put the kickstand on. There's still no chain, it's too powerful for there to be any point to pedaling.
>>
>>1225111

I am unsure what that means in the context of bicycles
>>
>>1225084

>POV wheel lights

nigga you gay.

But I approve.
>>
File: Photo Nov 24, 3 40 44 PM.jpg (128KB, 750x705px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Nov 24, 3 40 44 PM.jpg
128KB, 750x705px
>>1224793
>>
>>1225084
Lol, u gotta fale it tho or get pulled over. Building a dual motor sleeper myself. Gonna have my buddy custom paint "battery" on the front wheel and "750 watts of POWER" on the back one. But really they will be 2 1,000 watt hub motors. LOL.
>>
>>1225111
Oh fuck you ya fucking cocksucker. Show one fucking thing u diy better with timestamp or go fucking neck yourself u queer
>>
>>1225304

Why not triple? Rear and front hub motors, plus mid drive.
>>
Are ebikes really worth it? I love the idea but unless I worked in an office commuting into town everyday I don't think it would be worth it.
>>
>>1225575

They're ridiculously fun if you get the most powerful motor local law allows. Feels like the hands of Zeus, god of lightning, tenderly cupping your butt cheeks and whisking you along.

If you look at it objectively it's basically a moped but with none of the associated laws.

No license, insurance or registration needed. No plates/stickers to renew. You can use it in bike lanes/paths, hiking trails that permit bicycles and park it up off the street, so finding a space is no longer a problem.

Upfront cost is high, but fuel is nearly free, so once you bought it there's no "nickel and diming" like with a gas vehicle.

It gives you the choice to simply not use gas when gas prices get stupid high. You can do all your local errands on the bike.
>>
>>1225577
>Check laws
>300w limit

Kill me now. Will anyone notice though if I get a beast motor?
>>
>>1225684

Yes. Ebikes aren't a novelty anymore, cops are savvy to them. You used to be able to get away with that, but now they make a point to stop you and check.

My buddy lives in Australia and thought he could get away with a 1,000 watt motor. The cops confiscated his bike within his first month riding it. They do not fuck around.
>>
$10 a nigger steals it within 1 month
>>
>>1225685
Fucking beauracrats man, what am I supposed to do with a pitiful 300w motor? I can pedal faster with a fucking road bike.
>>
>>1225688

It helps more than you'd think. That will do about 15mph on flats if you don't pedal but you will need to help it up hills.
>>
>>1225686

There's a GPS tracker inside.
>>
>>1225693
thank goodness, anon. That will definitely be a deterrent.

If we could only integrate your GPS technology to cars and phones, niggers would immediately stop stealing them for good. This has potential.
>>
>>1224802
A q-tip with some isopropyl alcohol can also work, but it might affect the finish of the paint around the charging port, probably not, but be aware of the possibility.
>>
>>1225688
What the faggots who bitch about getting tickets fines, or their bikes impounded for being "too powerful" won't tell you is that they were being cunty cyclists on their overpowered bike.

Im BIG into the e-bike community here. I make custom bikes, fix them, finish up shitty ebay kits people cant finish. you name it. Out of everyone I know who has had trouble with the police for their bike they were all being cunts. Jumping reds and stop signs, failing to yeild or signal, you name something shitty a cyclist could do and they were doing it.

Our jurisdiction has a hard limit of 300w. Not 300watt "throttled". 300w max.

I ride my 10,000w dual motor fat bike on the road all the fucking time to and from the trail and I've had at least 5 conversations on the bike with police at intersections.
>>
>>1224542
What if it rains?
>>
>>1225807

...There are GPS trackers for cars, and apps for your phone which allow you to use its onboard pseudo GPS (cell tower triangulation) to remotely locate it.

Theft is not something only blacks do btw. I advise you to become a more mature person.
>>
>>1226042
>Theft is not something only blacks do

You are quite right of course, they simply commit the vast, overwhelming majority of thefts instead of all of them.
>>
it will explode in the heat and spark in the cold
>>
File: 1457424256459.png (40KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1457424256459.png
40KB, 255x200px
>>1225862
>>
>>1226046

No they don't. This is where I ask for government numbers and you say "Well ok technically whites commit the majority of crimes but they are a majority of the population, what I meant to say is that blacks are over-represented among criminals given their percentage of the population" which is a big difference from "blacks commit most crimes".
>>
>>1225304
>2 1000 watt hub motors
>2000 watts
>just shy of 3 hp

Nigga how much that ride weigh?

>>1225862
>10kw
>13.4 hp
Total? What's your ride weight?

I'm asking both to state weight without the rider.
>>
>>1225084
>oregon
>vr
>too much money and free time

life imitating art
>>
>>1227416

Which of those things are bad though?
>>
>>1227342
Its nowhere near done. Winter project. Dont even have the frame all mocked up because i descided to pick out the elctronics and build my own lithium pack into it first. Still not sure how the hide the batts in the frame or if i should. I honestly want a sleeper. Cops or nobody else knows my fat ass is fake peddle a rocket.

Batts will be 18650 cells. Likely around 20ah-30ah and 48v so however much that all weighs.

It will be pretty heafty but i'm spoking hub motors into motorcycle rims with disk breaks and such. It should in theory look like a bicycle but preform like a motorcycle. And be fairly safe. I've been down on a motorcycle and i would really not like stitches in my head again.
>>
>>1225862
KEK. Right. We are gonna get them taken away. I was bumbed about the 750 watt limit but knowing my luck around here they will just tell me "it's motorized" even tho the law clearly defines what an ebike is finally. Oh well. Fortunatly one of my best friends is an attorney and moving back home about the time i finish. Nothing like a free attorney.
>>
>>1225691
Not with my fatass on it.
>>
>>1225685
Do any of them have the knowledge to check with a multimeter tho?

*buys 1,000 watt and paints (350 WATTS OF POWER) over it.

?
>>
>>1225575
It was for me. I fucked uo and dropped about $600 bucks on a fucking busted chinese kit, lead batteries, and a shitty walmart mountain bike. Only got 3 days out of it before i started having wheel and tire trouble. Figured i would park it till spring and revisit it. Fucking hole in garage and rained all winter and ruined all of it...

But it was way less gay and exponentially more fun than i figured it would be. Im building a little 1,000 bmx to hotrod around town until i get my parts all gathered up for a real hotrod next year.
>>
>>1227342
10kw here
The motors themselves are something like 48-50lbs.

I haven't bothered to weigh the bike because it's meant to be an obscene piece of shit that has too much power. i'm guessing with the battery pack it's sitting at 80-90lbs.
>>
>>1227643

If people knew how wicked and fun it is to hoon around on ebikes, the streets would be clogged with em.
>>
>>1227642

They can tell by the size.
>>
>>1227642
How the fuck you gonna check wattage with a multimeter?

>>1227639
>>1227867
Be very interesting to see what the final power to weight ratio is. This number is literally why Ive been disinterested in e-bikes.

13hp is like a scooter, but if it's like 300lbs + rider I lm not sure if you'd have the "fun factor".

Lots of phones have acellerometers and apps for them. Maybe when you guys are all done you could record the data and post. To me, it's about the acelleration. Shit it would be fun to compare even if it's a loose measurement.
>>
>>1225084
Then why have pedals
>>
>>1229338

The law. It's only a bicycle in the eyes of cops if it has pedals on it.
>>
>>1225684
I doubt it. Just change the plate
>>
>>1229324
Build shitty ebike.

Throw buddy on.

Front wheel drive and spins out from under him.

Well, got plenty of power.
>>
>>1231452
Nigga this is why I burn gas
>>
>>1230475
>put pedals on a tesla
>it's a bike officer
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.