[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need to make tunic for dragoncon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: needtomakeatunicfag.jpg (21KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
needtomakeatunicfag.jpg
21KB, 720x450px
Going to Dragoncon with wife. Want to go as Jonah from GOT. Need to make tunic. Pic related
Any ideas for DIY?

Have sewing machine
>>
>>1224443
The character's name is Jorah, with an R. I really hope you haven't been watching for seven years thinking his name is Jonah. I hope I haven't ruined your night.
>>
I'd say that's just thick-ish unironed linen. I'd go with linen, anyhow.

Also:
>Jonah
So your wife is a whale?
>>
>>1224445
shit! for real? I have to quit drinking.
But really, miss typed buddy.
You correct everyone for spelling errors?
thanks for the help on sewing friend
>>
>>1224443
go to micheals/hobbylobby/joann fabrics/ and browse until you find some fabric that looks like that
>>
>>1224457
Literally filthy linen will do.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (4KB, 159x159px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
4KB, 159x159px
>>1224443

don't forget the t-shirt

for the greyscale, spray Great Stuff foam randomly over your skin, use a butter knife to sculpt it into the greyscale look as it dries, then spray it with gray spraypaint and a shot of black enamel rustoleum for the pro finish makeup look
>>
>>1224447
No, my wife saw it on the TV monitor and laughed about it. I had a good laugh afterwords as well because it's a written novel series, and subtitles would also show his name.
>>
>>1224475
use the high temperature spray though that way you don't overheat with it on.
>>
>>1224485
OP here. yeah... My wife laughed when I showed her my mistake literally right after I did an image search for jorah (pic related) for thread
>>
>>1224488
I think the t shirt might be a better option with my kilt but using oatmeal and dye instead.
>>
>>1224443
I made a tunic like this for my boyfriend. Go to the fabric store and get yourself some linen fabric.

Use a baggy shirt as a template to cut the pieces. You don't need to be too concerned with the pattern because it will look better the less form fitting it is.

Get yourself some pins to pin pieces together and go around and whip stitch them together. so the seams are on the inside. Once the pieces are sewn together, go around all the edges, fold them over and straight stitch them down.

For the stains you can use coffee and syrian rue, if you have wood working water-based stains (just the stain, not the poly) you can dilute with water and use that too. Dunk into boiling hot water after applying the staining but DO NOT agitate. allow to cool and then rinse out. it's better to have too light of a stain and do multiple applications than to be too heavy-handed with it.
>>
>>1224443

You'd have gotten more responses if you posted what your wife was going as.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.