[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

garden misters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 81jdoOr2kzL._SX425_.jpg (56KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
81jdoOr2kzL._SX425_.jpg
56KB, 425x425px
Want to make a mini greenhouse with mist sprayers for seedlings/cuttings, set on a timer. The problem is that I don't want to hook up a hose directly to it and have it constantly under pressure all day, or have to worry about someone turning the hose off or disconnecting it all together.

I'm wondering if an aquarium pump (set to run on a timer) would provide enough pressure to create a spray from pic related kind of nozzles. It wouldn't need to be a huge area, 12" should be fine. I already have taps, so making a small pvc rig would be easy.

what it says in the description:
>Operation Pressure:20-70kg/Cm
uh no...it shows a garden hose and that's nowhere near close

suggestions? would some plastic drip misters be a better choice?
>>
Why not a timed valve? They're a thing and they are reliable.
>>
>>1224402
if you know of a ~$15 one that has a seconds setting....they'd be going on for just a few seconds multiple times each hour
>>
>>1224402
This. Then you can just run garden hose and use those piercing devices to make your own mister line.

Valve can be manually or electrically operated.
>>
>>1224400
why mist? That just encourages mold.
Most greenhouses use a humidifier system.
And on that thought... look up humidifiers. They make piezoelectric ones that can be easily switched on/off with a humidistat.
>>
>>1224519
Also look up drip irrigation.
That can be ran off a gravity system with small electric valves or by a pump.
>>
>>1224519
>>1224521
dripping is not the point, too much water and the roots will rot

if you can point to products <$20....
>>
File: 71j8GH3qzKL._SY550_.jpg (48KB, 306x550px) Image search: [Google]
71j8GH3qzKL._SY550_.jpg
48KB, 306x550px
>>1224529
Self-watering wicks at the bottom of your containers?
>>
>>1224400
I tried (and failed) to hook a fountain/aquarium pump to misting sprayers. Not enough pressure by a long shot
>>
>>1225065
I have drip tubing, I can run drip tubing if necessary, but the important thing when trying to grow cuttings (in my case fruits) is that they stay humid enough that they don't dry out, but not too wet that the plants die

hence the sprayers, to periodically add humidity to the enclosure

>>1225067
that's exactly the info I wanted to know....details? what size pump and what kind of sprayers?
>>
>>1225068
The setup was such a dismal failure that I threw everything away, so I can't say specifically.

The fountain pump was adjustable, I think 70-140 gallons per hour. $30-ish maybe

The tubing was small diameter black plastic tubing, and some sort of garden mister from a big-box store like Home Depot or Lowe's.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
>>
>>1225075
hmmm

was it like a mister meant for an irrigation system? there are simple little plastic ones for a drip tubing

they might also carry ones meant for seating areas

I also considered attaching a pump directly to a regular hose sprayer with a mist option
>>
File: Mister.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Mister.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>1225089
I think I got them from the sprinkler section, so they would have been suited for normal hose pressure and flow (5-ish Gal/Min, 50-ish PSI)

For comparison the 70-140 gallon per hour fountain pump that's readily available/cheap is going to be only 1-2 Gal/Min and equally low PSI.

Coincidentally I have a pressure washing business so pressure/flow is my thing.

The spray orifice of the misters for garden use (like the ones I got) won't allow for a proper mist.

But I just looked on amazon, they have little chinese mister/atomizer/humidifiers for under 10 bucks, maybe that would be suitable for keeping your tray moist
>>
>>1225097
>chinese mister/atomizer/humidifiers for under 10 bucks
yeah, that's what I've been looking at

for $3 from china, it's worth a shot
>>
>>1225098
It will probably lead to your crestfallen disposal of said chinese device, but at least you'll learn something in the process.
>>
>>1224400
>kg/Cm
>kilogram per coulomb meter
>>
>>1225225
wat
>>
>>1225225
kek, that's great
>>
>>1224400
it's going to be easier to install an extra hose tap than it is to set up a pump that will get you enough pressure to run anything.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.