[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which grit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Ok despite being an /o/ topic this board seems more suiting. Anyways I just took trim off my cars pillars and it left a lot of adhesive and I'm planning on wrapping them so which grit sandpaper would be good to get the glue off and get the plastic surface smooth? I did peel off some of the paint on them too would the same grit be good for that?
>>
>>1223631
you dont get glues off with sandpaper, you use mineral spirit or adhesive remover or acetone etc
>>
>>1223633
>mineral spirit

Good advice but I'd save this for last. It's good with fresh material like alkyd paint, but I don't think it will do anything to fully cured automotive adhesive.
>>
I just dont want to use anything harsh because the glass and paint is right there and if I ruin any of that then there's a bigger problem
>>
30 grit of course. Shame on you for even asking.
>>
>>1223773

Please show us a lot of pictures from multiple angles so we can tell you how to safely do it with the proper chemicals.
>>
File: IMG_20170807_130647.jpg (4MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170807_130647.jpg
4MB, 3036x4048px
>>1223782
>>
File: IMG_20170807_130639.jpg (3MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170807_130639.jpg
3MB, 3036x4048px
>>
>>1223803
Put the trim back on, fatty.
>>
>>1223806
I threw it out, was a hideous cheap eBay chrome trim that was put on all lopsided and very sight of it made me see red.
>>
>>1223803
It'll be easier and cheaper (in hours) to get new panels from a wrecking yard.
>>
>>1223631

Since you already have it, you might get lucky with rubbing alcohol.

That probably won't work, though, so give acetone a try after that. Acetone won't do anything to glass, but it will dissolve some plastics and most paint. Cover up the parts you don't want affected, for good measure.
>>
>>1223631
Use brake fluid, just rub it, Leave it over night and wipe with a wet rag in the morning.
>>
>>1224128
This OP, the stuff evaporates pretty quick, so dont be shy of really getting it into all the nooks and crannys
>>
>>1224136
I used it to remove all the bernie bumper stickers from my car. Would recommend.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.