[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poorfag Carpet Repair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1494279950634.jpg (64KB, 540x606px) Image search: [Google]
1494279950634.jpg
64KB, 540x606px
Hey there, /diy/nosaurs!

I've got a situation:

>Move into nice little house with wife
>Renting from a guy I know
>Wife and I can't have kids
>Decide to adopt a dog
>Landlord says it's okay, but I have to fix any and all damages to the house
>"What's the worst this 25-pound dog could do?"
>FORESHADOWING INTENSIFIES
>Go to humane society
>Find a cool dog
>Bring him home
>He's nice and loves to play
>First week with him is great
>Vacation with wife ends
>Dog is left alone while we are at work
>Come home to a door that has been chewed-through
>Also an 8-foot by 7-foot section of carpet with holes in it
>mfw
>Go to home improvement store and buy new door
>Get lucky and find EXACT carpet the dog tore up
>Unfortunately, due to being a poor-fag, I can't replace the whole 12-foot by 15-foot carpet space
>I can only replace the smaller section

My question is this:

How the fuck do I patch a piece of carpet into the middle of another without using the metal runners that go into door thresholds or end up stepping on carpet tacks repeatedly?

>Yes, OP is a retard
>No, we don't have the dog any more because he couldn't stop tearing up shit
>Other repairs are done, though

Can any smart Anon help me?
>>
glue
>>
>>1223425
Google "carpet seams"
>>
>>1223425
>gets a dog
>didn't do basic research on dog behavior and how to curb it
>gets rid of the dog
>blames the dog instead of own incompetence

That's cold. Even leaving the dog in a cage while you're out is better than dumping it completely.
>>
replace the carpet with hardwood laminate, get the dog back, and this time don't be a bitch :^)
>>
>>1223425
Bumber op. My dog did exactly this for a couple years and now he is the best dog i will ever have. Some dogs get upset when mom and dad leave. They do grow out of it.

Maybe try finding a little older dog or get a little lap dog or a cat next time?
>>
>>1223546
Some dogs dont mind being crated when they are used to it. My mom and stepdad got a doberman and a great dane in big crates they tied together. They spend half the day in it with the door open...
>>
File: 1386880490560.jpg (38KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1386880490560.jpg
38KB, 612x612px
>>1223705
>Some dogs dont mind being crated when they are used to it

dogs really aren't very bright, say, like a cat or a pig. A woman on youtube had her dogs trained so that one would open the gate to the small pen, the other would go inside, then the outside dog would lock it. They could take turns being jailer and prisoner.
>>
You need carpet seem tape a seem iron seem cutter and a seem tracker to do a proper job. Good luck patching in a huge square though if posable cut it so you are doing a section of the room not just the damaged square even some professionals would have trouble making a big square seemed in look good.
>>
>>1223728
>dogs really aren't very bright

Your post says the exact opposite.
>>
>>1223425
>Unfortunately, due to being a poor-fag, I can't replace the whole 12-foot by 15-foot carpet space
So you're going to try and replace an 8x7 section of carpet? You'll have to rent a knee kicker from the home improvement store, and possibly a seamer; buy seaming tape and install to the existing tack strips.

Protip: Carpet comes on 12 foot wide rolls and unless its a remnant (already cut up) you're gonna buy a 12 foot wide section by however long you need. Add 3 inches to whatever length you're buying to ensure you have enough to seam, and tack stretch.

Carpet is cheaper than you think, its about $3.00 a square foot and if you replace the entire room, you may not need any seaming tape, but you'll still need to get a kicker or power stretcher to get it installed.

Similarly, come clean with your landlord and see if he'll be fine with you installing laminate at $2-3 a sq foot.
>>
>>1224046
If the landlord buy into the laminate idea, check out lumber liquidators and you can find some laminate for $0.30-$0.60/square. You'll end up pulling the base boards (may require paint) and need some foam padding at 10-20 cents per square, but you and the wife can install it in a weekend.
>>
>>1224046
This. Though harbor freight has all the tools you need for under 150. Just carpeted my house and they we're good enough. Likely the carpet seam will look like ass with different dye lots right on the middle of the room, might be worth to just redo the whole room. Would likely be under 600$ plus you'd have the tools for the future.

Also, get rid of your dog. Dogs are stupid fucking animals that do nothing to improve your life and you're retarded if you think otherwise. It doesn't care about you and can't conceptualize about the past or the future, ie it doesn't want you, doesn't love you, and won't remember you if you leave it. Or keep it if you like paying out the ass stupid shit like this on the regular.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.