[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Combination wrench spanner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Gedore 1B.jpg (33KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Gedore 1B.jpg
33KB, 1000x1000px
This is the ideal combination spanner/wrench.You may not like it,but this is what peak performance looks like.
>>
File: spin_prod_940342912.jpg (230KB, 1900x1900px) Image search: [Google]
spin_prod_940342912.jpg
230KB, 1900x1900px
>>1223207

yes every mechanic in the world uses those.

do you have a point or do I have to hunt you down and kill you?

pic related are just as god emperor you fucknut.
>>
File: spin_prod_213647101.jpg (5KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
spin_prod_213647101.jpg
5KB, 245x245px
and 2 of these in SAE and 2 in metric make life wonderful, because you can crawl under a vehicle with 4fucking wrenches in each one.
>>
>>1223207
i honestly dont like spanners, i find they're actually HARDER to get onto a nut i cant see

im just more comfortable sliding a thing forward than trying to lock it on from the top i guess

im guessing im alone and retarded in this; when i did damage control school, we had that style of wrench-spanner for turning bolts on skinner seals, and the instructor asked me with this confused look on his face why I used the wrench part and not the spanner part
>>
File: america_was_so_fucking_great.jpg (456KB, 1800x1213px) Image search: [Google]
america_was_so_fucking_great.jpg
456KB, 1800x1213px
>>1223230
>I used the wrench part and not the spanner part

my god pls use real english (american)
>>
>>1223207
I've grown up in the southern US, I've always heard wrenches called open-ended, box, combination(like in ops pic), flare, and adjustable/Crescent. Designation between 6 and 12 sided are the only other things I can think of.

Other than weird ones like dog bone or ratcheting wrenches, what do other call them and what location?
>>
>>1223232
i used the part with the open front bit instead of the roundy turny side to turn the whoosywhatsit

also at home i use crescent wrenches and an automatic wrench for everything. there is literally nothing wrong with adjustible wrenches
>>
Atoung here we call adjustable wrenches "mexican socket set"
A little something i picked up from my dad. No, we arent mexican.
>>
>>1223562
*around. Sorry.
>>
>>1223562
And now that is permanently part of my vocabulary.
>>
>>1223219
>>1223221
They are good for mechanic But they are useless for connections (e.g. water pipes)
>>
I use the box end when a socket won't work, I use the open end if the box end won't work. I use a torch if nothing works.

But it'd open and box, not spanner and wrench. And a torch is hot gas, not a flashlight. There should be a guide for this.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.