[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /diy/ think of Matthias Wandell?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

File: matthias.jpg (86KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
matthias.jpg
86KB, 900x900px
What does /diy/ think of Matthias Wandell?
>>
>>1222967
Elitist
>>
>>1222967
Someone who truly enjoys what he does. And he does it well.
>>
>>1222967
good with wood
>>
>>1222967
I'd fuck him
>>
>>1222967
I love his videos and would like to emulate his furniture and tool builds in the future.
>>
>>1222967
Complete sperg.

Ever see him reply to a comment that didnt 100% agree with him?
>>
He actually knows math and how to use it in woodworking
>>
Smart, but he seems like the guy who likes watching his wife fuck black dudes.
>>
>>1222991
>Ever see him reply to a comment that didnt 100% agree with him?
No. Pic?
>>
>>1222967
I've heard him called an autistic /diy/ god.
I don't think I've heard a more apt description.
>>
>>1222967
I bet hes an ISTP
>>
File: AnimuCutItOut.png (84KB, 631x298px) Image search: [Google]
AnimuCutItOut.png
84KB, 631x298px
>>1223093

How dare you. Matthias' wife and kids are adorable as fug and pure.
>>
>>1222967
He is good at woodworking
Thats about it, his tool reviews and his electrical videos show how he is just your typical meh handyman just diying stuff up.

If anyone gave enough of a shit about a single hobby and worked on it for 20 years, they would be on the same level as he is. Lots of people out there like him, he just made a site and youtube channel
>>
File: 1487788603279.png (170KB, 529x419px) Image search: [Google]
1487788603279.png
170KB, 529x419px
>>1222967
>woodworking
>>
>>1223285
>not building everything out of 2 inch hot rolled metal tubing that costs $2.86/foot

plebs
>>
>>1223093
>he seems like the guy who likes watching his wife fuck black dudes
huh? I had exactly the opposite impression of him. I don't know much about his life, but he looks like someone with a very conservative, catholic background.
>>
>>1223292
>not exclusively using t-slot aluminium profile for structural parts
what century do you even live in?
>>
>>1223301
He's actually subscribed to a few alt right channels, I believe he's quite conservative.
>>
>>1222967
Autist
>>
>>1223093
You seem like the kind of guy that projects his insecurities onto others.
>>
>>1223340
Matthias, this isn't blacked.com. We take ourselves very seriously here.
>>
there's some good stock up in canada. a dying breed, unfortunately.
>>
>>1222967
The first time I saw one of his videos, I thought "this guy must have gone to my school, I've never seen this level of engineering autism anywhere else," and he really did go to my school upon looking up his info.
>>
>>1222967
can he vibrate through walls?
>>
>>1222991
>reading comments on YT
you have too much free time on your hands, anon
>>
I hate him but I don't know why.
>>
>>1222967
he hates gay people.
>>
>>1223687
>too much free time
no such thing
>>
he has enough time to film rats being drowned in traps but feels rushed recently to produce content so he has been releasing a ton of shit with no legitimate value. His projects are fine but IMO unnecessarily complex. He seems to be wasting his engineering talents on a dead craft and in general is a solution looking for a problem
>>
>>1223093

Do you even know what your maymays mean anymore?
>>
>>1223780
>dead craft
???
>>
>>1223780

He also moved and had a ton of shit to get set back up
>>
>>1222991
This. He's a legend in his own mind. I'm so tired of people that "don't suffer fools easily" somehow being labeled as geniuses, when in reality they're just assholes.
>>
>>1223791
You can be an asshole and a genius at the same time.
>>
>>1223791

I've never seen him reply to someone with incorrect assertions or reasoning. He is abrupt when people don't agree with him, definitely. But he also knows his shit and makes it clear when he's doing something janky like his dryer outlet """""repair"""""
>>
>>1223807
I agree with you, but I've seen him go off a little harder than necessary a few times. He's even deleted the whole exchange a time or two I believe. It's hard to say what a jerk he can be when he's got over a million subs though... He's great with anything electrical, but an average woodworker. I like his stuff, I just wouldn't expect him to be the kind of guy you could drink a beer and have a laugh with.
>>
>>1223302
Hard to get in my country (finland)
>>
>>1223791
>>1223792
>>1223807
>>1223830
Because he's unironically autistic.
People would understand him better if he wore this hat all the time.

If you've interacted with autistic people, they can be standoffish and extremely opinionated.
Where normal people tend to conceal their emotions and inner thoughts, autistic people are more apt to let them out.
Generally this results in them being seen as angry people.
It's up to you if you want to treat autistic people the same way you treat normal people, but you just have to keep in mind that they're not trying to be assholes on purpose.
To them, being wrong is almost unthinkable, and communicating means speaking their mind.

I'm around genuinely autistic people all of the fucking time.
I don't know how I do it--it's as if I attract them or something.
>>
>>1224188
no one cares what a fucking autist has to say.
>>
>>1224189
See? Like clockwork.
I don't know how I do it.
>>
>>1223093
Nah, not even niggers would fuck that shovelface
>>
>>1223791
Nobody cares about how tired and worn down you are. This discussion isn't about you.

>>1224188
So your solution is to make him wear a hat that says "I'm retarded", so people can stop thinking of him as a person?
>>
>>1222967

I like how this thread keeps being positioned so he's looking in horror at the wood butcher thread
>>
File: abject horror.png (111KB, 352x351px) Image search: [Google]
abject horror.png
111KB, 352x351px
>>1224283

woops
>>
>>1224280
Nobody? That's kind of hurtful, Anon. Of course, it would mean more if you were part of the discussion yourself, you know. 4/10, made me chuckle.
>>
I used to like him as a person until I saw him being a super cuck in that video where he makes a mirror holder for his female friend.
Now I just like what he builds
>>
>>1224442
>super cuck
what is this faggot talk?
>>
>>1223780
>he has been releasing a ton of shit with no legitimate value
What youtube did some time ago with it's content revenue policies is to blame. The problem is much wider, because how yt works now is it rewards fresh daily disposable content instead of carefully prepared material released once a week or month that gathers views over a long period of time.
So when it comes to that point when you have to deliver as often as possible, you material will naturally tend to become more dull and repetitive.
>>
>>1224558
Or it couod just be that woodworking isnt all that interesting in real life, and 90% of the time youre making shelfs.
>>
>>1223261
nah, the reasons matthias continues to be a hit is the way he goes about showing how he thinks about things. if that isn't special enough itself, the way that he explains how he thinks is its own skillset
>>
>>1224280
Nah. People just don't understand autism and won't necessarily recognize it when they see it.
It's just a shame when society decides to shut out people they don't understand.

If social disorders were as plain and visible as down syndrome I'm sure people would at least have the chance to be more accepting.
>>
>>1223306
>Lauren Southern
>Roaming Millennial
>Jordan B Peterson
damn, he's pretty redpilled
>>
>>1222967
He's gotten me interested in woodworking
I'm confused people see him as an asshole. Maybe I'm an autist too?
He put's a lot of thought into details and measurements and testing and I appreciate that. Never comes across as cocky, contrary to say, the samurai carpenter ....

He's also much more interesting then John Heisz, everytime I see him I think he's Dave Hester's brother.
>>
File: Evil Spock.jpg (84KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Evil Spock.jpg
84KB, 1440x1080px
He's like AVE's evil twin.
>>
>>1223301
that's what makes it all the more taboo, so all the more interesting for him ;)
>>
>>1226738
YUUUUUUP he definitely reminds me of him
>>
>>1224188
>I'm around genuinely autistic people all of the fucking time.
>I don't know how I do it--it's as if I attract them or something.
Are you me?
>>
>>1222967
AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M
>>
Too utilitarian for my taste. Nothing ever looks good. Can't we start making things that actually look good?
>>
File: corona warning.png (193KB, 1897x961px) Image search: [Google]
corona warning.png
193KB, 1897x961px
>>1225368
>damn, he's pretty redpilled
uh, no
>>
>>1227775
No, thats gay
>>
>>1223780
>He seems to be wasting his engineering talents
You do know he has a day job, right? The work shop is a hobby.
>>
>>1229096
Not anymore.
He quit and youtube is his day job now.
>>
>>1229096
He retired from RIM at the height of the company and probably managed his stocks well. Everything is a hobby.
>>
>>1226740
No, ave is retarded.
Matthias is actually clever, sadly i cant stand him either.
>>
Proof autistics can still snag a hot wife.
>>
>>1229157
idk man, she looks pretty autistic too
>>
File: rachel02.jpg (13KB, 300x205px) Image search: [Google]
rachel02.jpg
13KB, 300x205px
>>1229161
I like to think she's just a product of her environment. She's mimicing his behavior as a coping mechanism.

If released back into the wild, I bet she'd be alright. She could write a best selling book about the tortures she experienced.
>>
>>1223306

HES NOT CANADIAN, but actually from Austria so its no surprise, im very close to Austria >>1225368
>>
>>1229165

loose the glasses and long hair to cover that forehead and she would be passable
>>
I have learned from him, that is his intent,
Good enough to keep watching
>>
>>1222967
i think hes smarter than any of you fuckers. myself included. plus he lives close by so i have some pride
>>
>>1222967
Bump because based Matthias.
I'm about to build an ukulele and ķnow nothing about how to do it. Took a look at g**gle and he was first result.
He truly makes this world a better place.
>>
>>1224188

>I'm around genuinely autistic people all of the fucking time.
>I don't know how I do it--it's as if I attract them or something.

they are attracted to you because you understand them and you know how to act around them
>>
>>1224188
>Where normal people tend to conceal their emotions and inner thoughts, autistic people are more apt to let them out.
>To them, being wrong is almost unthinkable, and communicating means speaking their mind.

When an autist learns to mellow out and does something with their life, these qualities are actually useful as the petty normie bullshit drama-dance is inefficient for communication.

Getting shit done and problems solved is more important in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>1230098
Maybe I'm autistic and I just hit that stage early.
>>
builds wooden blower. says it really sucks
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.