[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flood Pump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: crztuJt.jpg (130KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
crztuJt.jpg
130KB, 666x1000px
My shitty New Orleans apartment floods every time it rains real bad. It leaks in from the kitchen door and the back door when the outside water level gets high enough. Sandbags and towels aren't working. I want to get a water pump to get rid of the standing water next time this happens, but I don't know what's appropriate for home use. At the moment me and my roommate are stuck using dust pans and a bucket. I'm thinking maybe some poly and silicone caulk will be necessary if the landlord can't get his shitty repairman out to the apartment soon enough. Any advice you can in part my way?
>>
>>1222763
>It leaks in from the kitchen door and the back door when the outside water level gets high enough
there is standing water outside/up against the building?
>>
>>1222779
Kinda sorta. Most of it is runoff from the neighbor's driveway, which falls into the path along the side of our duplex.
>>
>>1222812
You are living in like feet of mold.

You need more sand bags. If you still want a pump you need a generator too
>>
>>1222812
sounds like there should have been a drain like this to divert water away from the building
>>
>>1222824
Pro tip, get a generator that runs on LPG, if you have one that runs on unleaded the gas goes bad after a few months. Plus you can run a heater off the LPG tank if you need emergency heat.
>>
You can make a diy water vacuum with a decent sized container and some hoses. It worked perfectly for me. It works the same way a waterpipe does.
>>
>>1222829
We have nothing like that around our house.
>>1222849
I think that might be over kill. The water in the house has been less than half a foot, no more than two inches at it's deepest. I just want something that can suck up water and pump it into the sink. Would a shop vac work?
>>
>>1222869
Please explain. I don't quite understand what you mean by "water pipe".
>>
>>1222883
>We have nothing like that around our house.
and that's why there are drainage problems

>no more than two inches at it's deepest
any amount of water is unacceptable
>>
>>1222885
My apologies, that was me translating Dutch too literally. You may know it as a bong, shisha or hookah. This item works on the same principal.

Basically, water gets sucked in with the airflow but instead of going through into your vacuum in stays in the container.

This explains it all
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GrgSlbnjy-U
>>
>>1222222
Dont mind me
>>
>>1222763
Maybe get the lazy niggers to fix it
>>
>>1222931
Landlord says he's done all he can to contact the repairman, who is white. So the repairman is a stupid piece of cracker shit.
>>
>>1222914
Neat idea, but I'm not sure how to make it work at the volume I require. Would a shop vac work just as well?
>>
>>1222883
>Only two inches of water

What kind of hovel do you live in?
>>
>>1222763
>apartment

Just go find another apartment that doesn't flood. Complain about the flooding to the landlord and they should let your break your lease. If they don't want to let you break your lease then threaten to sue them for unsafe living conditions and knowingly exposing their tenants to black mold while doing nothing to remedy the situation.
>>
>>1223024
>Landlord says he's done all he can to contact the repairman

There are going to be hundreds of contractors / "repairmen" in the greater New Orleans area. If one guy doesn't show up then he should contact another. Having tenants living in a house that floods regularly is incredibly irresponsible and the landlord could face severe criminal / civil penalties if you (or another tenant) should happen to get electrocuted or become ill due to black mold exposure.
>>
>>1223027
I'm not familiar with this brand or type. As long as it sucks it works.

You can also just get a simple waterpump (test it out for noise first, some are horrible) and a hose to stick in your sink or toilet.

Good luck
>>
how you doing OP?
>>
File: nola20170805c.jpg (80KB, 709x592px) Image search: [Google]
nola20170805c.jpg
80KB, 709x592px
Repairman on his way..
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.