[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got about 15 kilos of copper coins that has no other value

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: coinage.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
coinage.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
I got about 15 kilos of copper coins that has no other value than the copper it's made of. So I want to make bars of them. I have not done this before. Any advice on what and what not to do? I need to get some gear off of ebay to make this possible, but I'm not looking to spend a fortune, as this might be the first and last time I do this.
>>
>>1222679
you sure it is not copper plated? because they are copper plated
>>
>>1222684
yes I am sure.
>>
>>1222679
take them to a scrap yard
if they don't take coins melt it down first
>>
>>1222679
If they are really pure copper you can just tie a bunch up with some copper wires and then anneal it in an oven before pounding it into shape with a hammer, just do one bar at a time
>>
>>1222691
I wanna keep the bars.
bars>coins
>>
If they're English pennies, as in the OP photo, they're not copper. Older ones are made of bronze. New ones are copper-plated steel, same for Euro 1, 2 and 5 cent coins. US pennies are made of plated zinc.
>>
>>1222700
I have Norwegian pure copper coins. Worth about 7 Euro per kilo (on a good day). Not doing this for profit. Just wanna see if I can pull it off.
>>
>>1222704
You'll probably need to build a foundry set-up, you can melt copper with a torch but it will take forever and the second you take the torch away it will start to cool down past flowing temperature, before you can pour it.
>>
>>1222720
thanks. yeah I might get one of those smelters on ebay. but they barely surpass the meltingpoint of copper. Not sure how effective they would be.
>>
>>1222679
A bad idea because with coins, if you ever want to resell them the buyer will know they're legit. If you make your own bar no one will know it's pure copper and you won't be able to prove it.
>>
Man. You need these things
1. Leafblower
2. Refractory cement
3. Steel containter (paint can maybe or larger)
4 . Charcoal briquettes and accellerant
5. Crucible and tongs
6. Mold
>>
>>1222894
On this;

Use lump charcoal rather than barbeque briquettes. Briquettes have lime in them that make them burn colder for longer as well as with a shower of sparks. Also make sure the paint can or housing for your foundry isn't galvanized at all. Make sure your leafblower is connected to the foundry with a steel tuyere also.
>>
>>1222679

just give them back tyrone
>>
>>1222704
it will contain some zinc and tin
t. norwegian
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.