[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Refurbishing a neglected gas grill I found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

I found an old Sunbeam gas camping grill in the shed of a house I'm renting from and am trying to refurbish it. The pipe that leads from the gas regulator into the burner has this weird gap in the end, what gives? (Pic related.) When I found it it had aluminum foil wrapped all around this hole as a ghetto way to induce gas to flow into the burner assembly.

Why would the manufacturer leave this open, allowing gas to just escape into the air? It's not a heated part and sits outside of the body of the grill so I can probably just wrap some electrical tape around it to jury rig it into working but I'm confused as to why this "feature" exists in the first place.

Replacement burner tubes for the model of grill (Sunbeam PG230) don't seem to have the same hole in them so I have no idea what the fuck is going on here.
>>
>>1222615
fire need air, fire hot, fire burn
>>
might have originally had a collar that allowed to adjust the air flow
>>
File: DV-20-4BBB4934-BG1.jpg (25KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
DV-20-4BBB4934-BG1.jpg
25KB, 600x600px
>>1222767
Like the collars around the openings here in pic related? Making a new one seems easy enough
>>
>>1222615
Regulator regulates pressure.
There's a jet, a fitting with a very small hole after that... which acts as an orifice plate to regulate flow.

In order to burn, that fuel needs to be mixed with air. "Stoichiometric Ratio".

The "weird gap" is part of the venturi, which uses the gas flow to pull air into the mix, where it's ignited at the burner.
>>
>>1222959
Should the hole be wide open like this though? It seems like it should be closed on at least one side
>>
>>1223051
>Should the hole be wide open like this
yes
>it should be closed on at least one side
no

take a look at other cooking grills, you see the same setup
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.