[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I have a small ever I need to move occasionally in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: rom.jpg (26KB, 536x445px) Image search: [Google]
rom.jpg
26KB, 536x445px
Hey guys. I have a small ever I need to move occasionally in an instant back and forth motion. (The lever length is 3 inches and ROM is 90 degrees.) I would like to automate this so I can just press a button or send a signal. Would a high torque servo or stepper motor fit for this better? Also if you have an example for the mechanism itself it I would appreciate it.
>>
>>1222524
My idea would be to have a motor turn it clockwise until it catches on a latch, and a spring that gets loaded by the motor to return it to 12 oclock once the latch is released.
>>
File: rom.jpg (38KB, 691x443px) Image search: [Google]
rom.jpg
38KB, 691x443px
Should I just attach a servo in such a fashion?
>>
>>1222530
Sounds pretty good. You mind illustrating your idea?
>>
>>1222531
possible
depends on the torque to turn the lever
>>
>>1222531
assuming the servo has enough torque to turn the lever in the first place, wouldn't you be better off attaching the servo lever to the lever you are turning and mounting the servo somehow? This would give you 1:1 ROM.
>>
File: cxvczxcxz.jpg (98KB, 1268x1038px) Image search: [Google]
cxvczxcxz.jpg
98KB, 1268x1038px
>>1222524
Depends entirely on the load you're lifting, how often you'll be lifting it, and space constraints of your machine, but, OTTOMH I'd go with a crank and a high torque drive like pic related (not to scale or perspective). Use an end point switch at BDC of the stroke to tell your controller a cycle has completed, and to reset for the next stroke command. Stick with a 360 servo if you require to the degree precision or use a gearhead motor and switch if you want to simplify the control schema.
>>
>>1222524
that's a fucking machine, isn't it?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.