[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went to replace the bulbs in the lamp in my front yard. But

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2234.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2234.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
I went to replace the bulbs in the lamp in my front yard. But one of the two set screws that secure the top glass cage to the platform broke. Now the bolt is still inside the glass cage but there's no head to be able to back it out with.

Ideas how?
>>
File: IMG_2235.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2235.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Here's the one side with the screw undamaged.
>>
File: IMG_2236.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2236.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
And here's the broke side.
>>
>>1220832
Exactly what is the screw?
Bolt, machine screw, tapper etc. Post a picture of the one you got out.
If its any kind of cross head screw I would get a right handed (is that right? The opposite to normal) drill bit that's slightly smaller than the minor diameter (the troughs or valleys of the thread) and drill it out. Use the middle of the cross head to centre it and go slow. As it drills out it will loosen and hopefully catch and just unscrew. Otherwise then its a good start for an easy out screw remover.

Obviously replace with a better quality screw. Really you should do this with anything outside (or inside!) if you doubt the quality.
>>
Remove all the screws from the top. Remove the glass panes and bulb. Use some sort of pliers to remove the bolt and screw from the inside. Replace bottom screw (its either 6-32 or 8-32 machine screw)
>>
>>1220832
See that pointy top bit. Unscrew it.
Take the decorative doodad off, and the gasket.
Unscrew the nut below that.
Take the top off.
Replace bulb.
>>
>>1220922
Although it looks like there might be a bolt on the top also.. But I can't tell from that pic.
>>
>>1220833
>>1220834
Apply some epoxy to a screwdriver and wait for it to harden on the screw. Also, paint your shit a uniform color.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.