[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alt. Teeth whitening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (276KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276KB, 1280x960px
noticed the teeth were getting a bit yellow. Wanted to know if there are alternatives to getting my dentist to do it since I surence won't cover it. I know they make teeth whitening strips but I'm skeptical about what they use in that shit. I brush all the time but overtime the food and soda beer and wine really make an impact. Anyone have at home remedies?
>>
>>1220734
Brush after every meal and any food or drink known to stain. Floss 2/day.

Make a 2:1 hydrogen peroxide and baking soda paste and brush with it 2/week, no more or it can be harmful to enamel. Let sit in mouth for a few minutes after brushing. Rinse thoroughly.

Blend everything you wish to ingest and pour it down a feeding tube into your esophagus to bypass your teeth completely.

Enjoy white as fuck teeth.
>>
drink bleach
>>
>>1220734
Bleach and baking soda mixed gives good results.
>>
>>1220743
don't forget to mouthbreathe. Keeping all that warm air locked in there breeds the bacteria
>>
>>1220768

Don't forget to DIY surgically remove your saliva glands.
>>
>>1220734
Brush with activated carbon/charcoal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUiJ0vZzoLA
>>
brushing with baking soda
>>
>>1220743

This...
>Make a 2:1 hydrogen peroxide and baking soda paste and brush with it 2/week, no more or it can be harmful to enamel. Let sit in mouth for a few minutes after brushing. Rinse thoroughly.

But if you really want the white to stand out put in a shot of black. It's what the pros do.
>>
The tooth's natural colour is yellow. Keep the plaque off and it'll look normal. Unless you're brown and want to look like a clown.
>>
File: fe4.jpg (108KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
fe4.jpg
108KB, 960x717px
>>1220734
like this
>>
>>1220985
>put in a shot of black
you mean blue
>>
>>1221038
>movie about a guy trapped in an island for years
>actor's teeth is super white
what do you know
>>
File: betel-nut-black-teeth.jpg (84KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
betel-nut-black-teeth.jpg
84KB, 500x333px
>>1220824
>>1220985
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohaguro
>>
The dentist uses Paris white and a rotating tool.
>>
Dentalfag here, work at a dental practice in the UK.

You want to make some whitening trays first, take molds of your teeth, then cast them in plaster. Paint some nail polish or varnish on the front surfaces on the cast teeth (the bits that'll be visible when you smile -This'll give you a reservoir for the bleach to sit in). Vac-form over the top of the molds with a 1mm thick plastic, then trim with a dremmel until comfortable. Sand to remove sharp edges.

The bleach we supply to patients is 6% hydrogen peroxide in a gel form, so you'll have to find a way to knock this up yourself, but should be relatively easy. Don't fuck up the concentration or you'll damage the enamel. You want about 1.5cc (a cc is a cubic mm) per tooth.

Leave the trays in for about 2 hours, then brush off the bleach gently. Avoid tanin containing foods (red wine, coffee, curry etc) for about a week, and smoking as well if you can. You will probably get temporary sensitivity for a few days, use sensitive toothpaste topically to stop it (just smear some on your teeth and leave it).

Don't whiten more than twice a week or you dun goofed.

Use this info at your own risk.

I also advise an electric toothbrush to remove plaque and tartar buildup which can affect your smile and breath, Phillips sonicare are the best in the game ATM, just get the cheapest one, cleaning performance is all the same.

One last thing, the HP will whiten your teeth, bit not any white fillings you have, these will have to be replaced with a lighter colour material if they bother you, but shouldn't really be noticeable unless you're a caffeine freak or a chain smoker or something.
>>
Dentalfag again, forgot to mention - stay away from whitening toothpaste and brushing with bicarb as they are abrasive and will remove small amounts of enamel to uncover the white enamel underneath.
>>
>>1220765
This. I do it 1 time a week
>>
>>1221216
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>1220734
Romans gargled/swished with piss to whiten their teeth. Cheap, readily available, organic, and all natural. And if you gargle with piss first thing every morning then the rest of the day will always be a breeze.
>>
>>1221793
the $20 essence one has the same cleaning performance as the $80 series 3 one? amazing.
>>
>>1221907
Do I have to use my own piss. Because I like the taste of my wife's piss more
>>
>>1221941
Pretty much, the only difference is you get more bells and whistles the more you pay. If you've got perio I'd advise the gum health one, but desu if you've got perio then you're pretty screwed anyway...
>>
File: IMG_20170804_200547.jpg (223KB, 1072x971px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170804_200547.jpg
223KB, 1072x971px
>>1220734
OP dont listen to these retards telling you backing soda and shit. You will just ruin your teeth for negligible whiteness.

Go down to the pharmacy and get pic related. You will notice whitening within 7 days, keep using after EVERY meal for at least 3 weeks.

If you dont get the results you want then go into dentist and pay for your teeth whitening (pretax motherfucker if you are an adult and have an HSA), should be a couple hundred bucks to get custom fit trays and a shit ton of whitening paste. Then you just put those trays in every once in a while, the same paste you can buy from outside the dentist for pretty cheap, and you are good.

The Crest 3D white strips actually work pretty well, remember not all whitestrips are equal so just get a big brand if you are a poor fag, but they dont provide full coverage of your teeth like the trays your dentist will give you do, so you can still have some yellow left over between teeth, towards your back teeth, and on bottoms and backs of teeth.

Source: Literally did not brush my teeth for near 4 years while chain smoking cigs non stop. The toothpaste and mouthwash helped and certainly helps maintaining my whiteness now but I still had to do dentist trays.
>>
>>1221944
You COULD kill two birds with one stone that way. When she finishes up, she could go ahead and give you a good whitening treatment, you know, while you're there. She gets stress relief, you get whiter teeth, and hell, maybe even a good organic floss too.
>>
>>1222157
Why the fuck should an HSA pay for whitening? It's purely cosmetic.
>>
>>1223043
>Trying to justify a ~25 % tax on ~200 bucks because its not being spent actively saving a life so that it can instead be spent on menthol cigarettes by "Those in Need"

Stay cucked libtard.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.