[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gluing plank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: pallet.jpg (45KB, 400x215px) Image search: [Google]
pallet.jpg
45KB, 400x215px
I want to make furniture out of old pallet planks, what is the quickest way to glue many planks to make a board? how about the cheapest?
>>
>>1220339

NIGGER YOU JUST KILLED A THREAD FOR THIS

WHAT THE FUCK FAGGOT
>>
>>1220340
its a legit question
>>
>>1220349

oh look here's a Questions that dont deserve their own thread thread

you stupid fuck

did you just forget how to read?
>>
QTDDTOT

>>1207858
QTDDTOT

>>1207858

QTDDTOT

>>1207858

QTDDTOT

>>1207858

QTDDTOT

>>1207858
>>
>>1220356
ok geez, fine, posted there, should i delet this thread?
>>
File: hmrthumb.jpg (26KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
hmrthumb.jpg
26KB, 320x240px
>>1220358
Sorry doesnt put thumbs on the hand, OP!
>>
File: 30921-02-1000.jpg (32KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
30921-02-1000.jpg
32KB, 720x720px
>>1220339

pipe clamps are versatile and inexpensive.
>>
go to google and literally search: how to glue a board

is it really that hard?
>>
>>1220464
>is it really that hard?

just because a process seems simple to you, that does not mean that it will be simple to all people. OP started a legitimate /diy/ discussion. Either contribute or ignore the thread. Try to act like a pro for once in your life.
>>
File: cuts.png (5KB, 947x600px) Image search: [Google]
cuts.png
5KB, 947x600px
Everywhere i read they put biscuits or something to hold the joint together. Couldn't i just give th planks a straight edge using the saw and proceed to glue them together, or at most using a 45° angle to maximize the surface?

could either technique work?
>>
>>1220467
google has spend millions of dollars making sure that it is simple for all of us to find basic information online
>>
>>1220472
well sure, ok theres no need for any other kind of information exchange ever.

YOU GIGANTIC FFFGOT
>>
>>1220471
>could either technique work?

yes, both work and if done properly can be stronger than the wood itself.
>>
>>1220478
>stronger than the wood itself
This gets banded about a lot, they put it on every bottle of glue in the store.
The problem is that the join doesn't penetrate, you are gluing a tiny sliver of wood very strongly to another tiny sliver of wood, the meat of the section is doing nothing at all.
All it means is when it breaks instead of two bits of wood with glue you get one bit of wood with glue and a veneer of wood from the other piece. Yes the glue was strong as fuck but the assembly wasn't.
You can't rely on a butt join for resisting shear forces, screws to compress the faces together or biscuit/dowel to take the strain are simple but there are other more fancy ways.
>>
>>1220467
if someone can post to this site, they can handle using a search engine
>>
>>1220339
Pipe clamps and youtube.

Woodworking stuff 101 here.

Sage for faggotfuck oallet bread
>>
>>1220467
Fuck you samefagging op and sage again
>>
>>1220473
WHAT IS A FFFGOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT? SAGE SAGE 1,000 TIMES SAGE
>>
So i could just glue them , no biscuits no nothing, just gluing faces together and just using that result?
>>
>>1220750
Yep. Turns out that biscuits are basically just for alignment and don't really hold shit.
>>
File: pallets.jpg (376KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pallets.jpg
376KB, 1600x1200px
you guys sure about reusing pallets
>>
>>1220770
literally yes, only an orthodox jew would be scared of that.
your gf pussy is also covered in blood often yet you dont have problems sticking your dick in there. why would i have any problems with there being small residues of blood on the insides of my sanded and barnished furnitures?
>>
File: wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>1220777
>gf
>>
>>1220782
oh come on, being DIY is like handy , or cool or hipster or something, there has to be some appeal to it, please
>>
File: 1456873434721.jpg (351KB, 1200x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1456873434721.jpg
351KB, 1200x1096px
No wonder this board is dead lel it's filled with faggots like you guys. How mook hasn't removed diy yet from this website is beyond me
>>
>>1220505
Huh huh butt
>>
File: taylor_good_god.gif (2MB, 340x420px) Image search: [Google]
taylor_good_god.gif
2MB, 340x420px
>>1220789
>How mook hasn't removed diy yet from this website is beyond me

this might be the best troll board of all. I only get banned when I post /pol/ shit. other than that anything goes. It's up to OP to filter the trolls from the know-it-alls.
>>
>>1220339

Just use superglue it works fine for pallet wood
>>
>>1220815
>Just use superglue it works fine for pallet wood

well no it does not superglue is for clean smooth surfaces you should read more and pjost nto so much.
>>
>>1220818

Incorrect- you just need to use large amounts of superglue
>>
>>1220819

Superglue works fine for small pallet projects but you need to use too much of it to build an entire piece of furniture- since you're laying down enormous blobs of superglue to overcome the uneven surface.

The best adhesive for pallet wood is Great Stuff foam spray. Drill several 1/4" holes through the pallets at each spot they will be touching. This is your mating surface. Spray Great Stuff over the boards, push them together, and spray more so it fills the holes.

This produces a rock solid bond, and is waterproof as well.
>>
The surface of the wood on pallets tends to be rough-sawn. This means a gap-filling glue is preferable to a one which isn't. I'd also consider cleaning the gluing faces with acetone or isopropyl to remove any grease or dirt which will inhibit the adhesion.
I'd suggest polyurethane glue. If you don't already have clamps then use screws to hold the components together as they glue together since I'd imagine a few extra holes in the wood isn't going to effect the aesthetic of reused pallets.
>>
>>1220339
Pallet wood is treated with nasty stuff that you don't actually want to live around. I wouldn't even go there unless building a flower planter.
>>
>>1221665
This. Unless you sand it the fuck down most pallets have been sprayed with a shitton of chemicals and/or have developped mold/insects infestations
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.