[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inflatable Boat Emergency Repair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
How can I quickly fix an inflatable boat?

In last years beer floating event I learned that duct tape is worthless for repairs. I'd like to have some emergency solution to fix my boat in case of emergency, but the proper repair kits tend to need up to 12 hours to dry.

How can I quickly fix a leaking inflatable to make it to the end of the day?
>>
>>1220117
waterproof duct tape
>not even kidding
got a shitload of those repair kits (with use by date older than God - don't ask) INSTRUCTIONS SAYS:
Leave for 12 hours to dry (you correct enough)
EXCEPT in emergency, fine to use straight away.
Repair kits still probably the best things to use, seeing as how designed for this purpose, and all.
>>
File: 429863978_c729c9bd83_b.jpg (152KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
429863978_c729c9bd83_b.jpg
152KB, 1024x683px
>>1220117
i hope you're wearing a life jacket
>>
>>1220117
Well, if you believe the flextape infomericals/brain washing sessions/ it stick when wet.
>>
get a big piece of rubber for the patches, a pair of scissors, some 220 grit sandpaper, and some fast-set epoxy (like 3 mins or something).

when you spring a leak, cut a patch out as necessary from the rubber, abrade it, abrade the repair area, slather the epoxy on, and hold the patch in place for 3 mins.

Done.
>>
>>1220228
Congratulations! - you just invented the 'Boat Emergency Repair Kit' - fug do you think is in those? (@ admittedly, approx 20 times their component cost) Probably, the trick would be in obtaining the most waterproof glue/epoxy you can find, IDK if there is any actual justification the marine glue shit be so expensive, other than 'boat'.
>>
>>1220249

remember to add a drop of black paint to the epoxy, helps it cure stronger & shows everyone that you're a pro
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.