[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to kill smell in shoes without ruining glue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

I usually wear leather shoes so I usually don't deal with this problem.

I got a nice pair of trainers but they developed a smell as fabric tends to do.

What is the most effective way to kill the smell without dissolving the glue that, I assume, is holding the thing together.
>>
>>1220036
Personally, I add a tablespoon of baking soda every week, sift it around and let it sit overnight, then dump it. Also, a light dusting of Gold Bond will help.

Another friend of mine keeps a dryer sheet in his when he's not run in to absorb the smell.

Last thing would be odor absorbing insoles, but those are terrible for ergonomics.
>>
>>1220036
UV light or ozone on the inside
>>
Wash yo feet mohr, and do it right (SOAP and SCRUB every last millimeter of your feet before putting on AND after taking off shoes, making sure they're 100% dry before putting on fresh socks). Change socks every day (if yo feet sweat a lot, change socks 2-3x a day depending on how long you gonna be working). Also, do not wear the same pair of shoes every day, have 2-3 pairs to switch between every day so yo foot sweat and bacteria don't build up to make them bitches stank.

Aside from that, try any of the following:

Black tea bags (specifically) inside the shoes.
Baking soda inside the shoes
Kitty litter inside the shoes
Baby powder inside the shoes
Use a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol to spritz inside the shoes

Let that shit set in the shoes for a few days or until the stank subsides.
>>
hose them down in lysol and febreze for now and wash them very well by hand in a bucket or your tub with normal detergent (the rigors of a machine might mangle them)

to maintain, apply BABY POWDER before and after taking off your shoes. baking soda is a meme, it just beccomes this horrible sweat-based gel that'll get worked into the soles. baby powder does a better job managing moisture, and thus sweat, and thus the biggest contributor to shoe stank
>>
Put them in a plastic bag and then put that in the freezer. The cold will kill the bacteria that cause the stank.
>>
>>1220077
>cold will kill bacteria
That's not how it works
>>
File: 03623.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
03623.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
pic related.

I have horrible, apocalyptic foot-stank and wearing steel-toes for 12 hour shifts was causing unbearable stench which lingered on my feet even after a shower. One of my daughters recommended this stuff, I just squeeze a shot of this powder into my shoes when I take them off after work and there's no stank at all anymore. I get a good 4 months out of a bottle so it's well worth it. You get it at Lush.
>>
>>1220036
Bounce Dryer sheet will do the trick.
>>
>>1220036
Formaline should do it
>>
>>1220036
try activated charcoal
>>
this works on the most odorous of shoes: 3 min soak in vinegar, followed by 10 min soak in running water, followed by 3 days of drying.
>>
>>1220103
I bet ur daugther uses it in her pucci
>>
>>1220036
A shot of black or something is what the pros use isn't it?
>>
>>1220036
never heard of scholl products?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.