[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coloring my glasses frames with fingernail polish.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 20170731_163047.png (1MB, 847x976px) Image search: [Google]
20170731_163047.png
1MB, 847x976px
Hello /diy/,

I am hoping someone has an answer for me.
I'm looking to color my glasses frames with fingernail polish and top coat, instead of going out and buying a brand new pair.
If I give it a couple coats and ample time to dry, will this work?
Any thoughts?

pic very related.
>>
>>1219605
You will get uneven coating, ruin the glasses, and probably damage your eyes if you insist wearing them.
>>
>>1219606

Why do you say that?
They will be dry so its not like theyd still have fumes.
>>
>>1219605
fingernail polish is specifically made to be easily cleanable
not a good choice
I tried it many times, it won't last on surfaces that are actively used
>>
>>1219609

Good pint.

Anyone know any alternatives?
I guess I could go to a optometric clinic and ask them to remove the lenses, then Id paint em with enamel or something.
>>
>>1219611
take out the lenses yourself (it's 2 screws and they go on only one way)

use fine sandpaper and go over the surfaces you're going to paint

use some model enamel paint
>>
>>1219605
Go buy some spray paint.
They make small one for model building or auto touch-up.
>>
you know why bitches get their nails done all the time? Well apart from being shallow self-absorbed attention seekers, the polish chips the fuck off really easily
>>
just get some lens cleaner and put a shot of black in it
>>
>>1219611
no. glasses frames are flexible. the coatings you are suggesting are not flexible, they are rigid. they will crack. enamel and nail polish will crack. you would need to use an elastic paint. furthermore, the coating you use would need to be wear resistant, salt resistant and UV resistant. ever go in the sun? notice your frames literally stay in your head from frictional forces? additionally you would need something that wont irritate your skin.

really i have no idea why you want to do this. glasses are so incredibly cheap. check out american or UK online outlets. they have lenses and frames for less than $50 incl. shipping. your frames are cheap shitty plastic also so the solvents in many paints will damage the plastic.

if you really want those exact frames then you could cast a mold of the arms, remove the metal inserts then cast them into new colored PU epoxy arms.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.