[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Help with a drone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: octacopter.jpg (45KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
octacopter.jpg
45KB, 800x800px
here it's my problem>
i need to make an octacopter that lifts 8 kg, but i need it to fly at least 2 hours, is it posible to build something like that? i mean, using a lot of baterries and maybe some generator to supply them?
>>
>>1219486
>octacopter
okay, cool
>that lifts 8 kg
whoah, might be possible, but it wo-
>need it to fly at least 2 hours
No.
>>
>>1219486
>lift 8kg
>fly 2h

choose one
>>
File: S-64advertising.jpg (99KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
S-64advertising.jpg
99KB, 640x426px
>>1219487
>>1219489

could it be done with gasoline power? like that guy who was going to use a motorcycle engine? It seems that there's no inherent limit to drone capacity in terms of load or flight time; look at a sky crane and use your imagination.

it seems that /diy/ has too many people who just don't think like pros anymore.
>>
>>1219491
Cause we all fucking broke mane.
>>
i've seen one that lifts 20 kg and flies for 60 mins.

another question: can i make that drone with gps module, so i set the destination, and it flies without a limit range. the money is not a problem.
>>
>>1219486
Can it plug in?
>>
>>1219486
You run into the issue of needing more power, which requires more batteries, which adds more weight, which requires bigger propellers and better motors and MORE batteries, which adds more weight, et cetera.

It's definitely possible, but at some point you end up building a small helicopter rather than a large drone.
>>
>>1219491
>just don't think like pros anymore.
We can bring that back with a shot of black.
>>
"can i make that drone with gps module, so i set the destination, and it flies without a limit range. the money is not a problem."

I was going to tell you how to "make an octacopter that lifts 8 kg, but i need it to fly at least 2 hours", but it sounds like you're making a bomber drone or some shit. What do you want this for?
>>
Op are you trying to run kilos of coke with drones?
>>
>>1219486
bump for interest
>>
>>1219491
If you are not broke, you wouldn't ask here anyway and ask for a professional to build it for you.
>>
>>1219789
Unless they're trying to do illegal shit
>>
>>1219664
Bombing or drug running undoubtedly.
Zero fun allowed.
>>
>>1219664
He's still trying to beat amazon.
>>
>>1219491
>not a drone
>not an octocopter

You might as well show us a picture of a cow doing bench presses.
>>
>>1219801
Make sense, I think he tried to do a bombing run from 40km away using GPS and long range FPV
>>
>>1219828
I can see the headlines now "legendary hacker 4chan's offshoot 'diy' designed latest isis bombing drone"
>>
>>1219486
I'd do a gas powered belt driven variable pitch quad copter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnP3jTwRPv0
>>
>>1219703
Just use a conga line of micro drones each with a 1 gram payload.
>>
-diy drones has software
-aliexpress has parts
-hobby king for the batterry, chinese sell crap bateries
-its more fun if you mold the frame yourself
-picture is you target product

Was thinking of making a svtol my self for crop dusting, but field size dosent justify the expense and efort, at least not yet.

if you want to do shady stuf, please dont, you will ruin the hoby for the rest of us, and you will get your self arested.

if not pls post progress
>>
>>1219486
the key is to use as little current as possible. less current means batteries drain slower.
>>
>>1220406
Amperage is also what drives the motors
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.