[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

parallel feed in MCB poles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: mcb.jpg (223KB, 804x939px) Image search: [Google]
mcb.jpg
223KB, 804x939px
so this is my fire hazard, /diy/. Australia, 240V single phase here.

I am replacing the distribution box because fuck this. only problem is that the main power feed to the distribution box goes straight from the 100A fused connection at the feed in point to two sets of 4mm copper twin cables. I cant work out how to load balance the cables for breaker purposes. a single pole wouldnt protect each run separately and a 2 pole breaker wont appropriately provide over current protection to the two separate neutral wires.

the power company installed a new fancy wireless power meter but they did so ilegally. the wiring is absolute shit and they never mentioned it. here in queensland we have power meters with the wires installed so that they're not accessible, with a fuse in the meter box and security tags so you dont fuck with it. In my house, the main feed runs straight to the distribution box, runs a loop over 6mm wire to the meter and back to the distribution box. so I can easily jack power like a nigger because I can just bypass the meter at the distribution box and nobody will be the wiser.

I just wanted to run a new line from the distribution panel so I was sure that i had a good earth and GFCI connections.

did i also mention that over the years there have been a few electricians who have worked on this panel, running wires for appliances etc and they never mentioned that there is no main breaker, capacity for over 100A in all the breakers, an ancient bakelite main switch marked 35A from the 40s and the poor little 40A RCD hasnt been produced in over 20 years and is an RCD not a RCBO but wired with two neutral wires instead of a ground wire and seemingly wired under the assumption that it provides over current protection?

fuck man, cant trust tradesmen to just tell you that the wiring they're working on will literally burn down your house AND totally willing to install extra loads. how could they see that electrical tape in the distribution panel and be ok?
>>
forget load balancing, your on single phase. Get a consumer unit and put everything in it's own device. Be it a rcbo or a rcd
>>
>>1219183
rcd = gfci without mcb. that means ground fault protection but no over current protection.

I have a ABB type 2 over voltage protection device i am installing in the new box as well. it has a nominal protection of 20kA, max of 40kA and maximum of 50kA breakdown current. so i probably need an industrial 1P MCB with a 50A rating if i downrate the cables to 25A each, max impulse current rating of 50kA, a lot of the nominal 8kA units do this.
>>
oh btw, the reason im not using a RCBO(gfci+MCB) is because protection devices should be installed after the main switch and main circuit breaker but not downstream from a GFCI because the impulse current can break them.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.