[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im trying to install floor plinths by myself but im having a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: plinth.jpg (75KB, 713x535px) Image search: [Google]
plinth.jpg
75KB, 713x535px
Im trying to install floor plinths by myself but im having a real hard time°. So far i tried doing 45° cuts with my circular saw but it doesnt work because no wall angle is 90.

I can borrow a belt sander, would it be possible to sand the ends of each plinth for a perfect fit, is that a good solution or should i consider something else?

thanks in advance
>>
>>1218983
I hope you mean 'chop saw', or 'mitre saw'. not circular saw...just my first point...
cut up 4 or 6 pieces of the material your using for your base...cut 2 with 45 outside and inside mitres...the other 4, cut them at 44 and 46 inside and outside mitres, so that what you get to either an inside or outside corner, you can now see what will help in keeping your mitres closed...
As an alternative, you can also cope the joint...
>>
>>1218990
>pdate] [Auto] 9
i meant circular saw, only tool i got i work with that. It has a very nice guide for making 45° cuts but it cant go beyond that.

would sanding the edges be unrealistic?
i insisit on this because its the only tool i can easily borrow and dont have to buy

also what tools do i need to cope the joint
>>
>>1218994
A coping saw. Or a jigsaw if you have talent.

Seriously though get a miter saw.

And invest in some wood filler and sand paper.
>>
>>1219011
>wood filler and sand paper
but if i can get a belt sander its better than sand paper right?
>>
>>1219012
Do you brush your teeth with an angle grinder ?
>>
>>1218983
You need an actual miter saw. Then you'd have to find the angle then divide by half. So if the angle is 92 your cut would be 46. It's a fucking slow process but it works. Good luck.
>>
>>1219015
but like, a belt sander on the lowest setting isnt so different from a normal sanding, right?
>>
>>1219018
In terms of how much it will sand sure, but it's much more limiting in terms of what geometry you can sand with it
>>
Get a miter saw from craigslist.
>>
found an explanation on youtube on how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lM5VosHvcM

it's actually pretty amazing how simple its explained.

also, it uses a miter saw but i can do it with a circular saw
>>
Pain in the ass work and after having cut the pinths for the entire house I decided to stop doing it. Minimal difference and costly because of all the "outtakes". Sanding works. Or filing. File and then sand, I would say. Or just put them in without cutting to angle.
>>
>>1218983
>plinth

Google coped joint. Acquire a coping saw, angle grinder, table saw (or turn your skillsaw into a tablesaw), or other coping tool. Practice on some scrap and cope your inside corners. For outside corners I like to use a bevel gauge to really dial it in but there also a hundred other ways.

>>1219748
>just put them in without cutting to angle.
No.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.