[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips on making a mono color organ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

So I'm making a color organ that I'm trying to only use for big base notes, (like a drum beat), so i snagged a low pass filter out of a old subwoofer amp that i had and have been trying to merge it and my arduino together. So my problem is that i have a 5.1 system already, and i was just planning on adding a y connector to the center/bass channel and have that compress to mono and run thru the low pass into the Arudino. Arduino sees that a beat hits and turns the leds onto a different color. Does anyone have any tips onto how i imput straight speaker wire (from a amp) into a arduino and read it?
>>
Note i just have a test led on right now, the strand of lights im using is a "12mm Diffused Digital RGB LED Pixels Lights Ws2811" just a simple 3 line color changing led (no clock line)
>>
>>1218838
>straight speaker wire (from a amp) into a arduino and read it?

depending on the line level you can just use a voltage divider, or you can get serious and use a op amp to reduce the gain and add bias and then the AVR ADC can read it properly.

Another approach is to feed it into the anacomp and count the peaks which is how spectrum analyzers work so you can vary the led color with the frequency
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.