[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK/US table top

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 20170612_200851.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170612_200851.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
So I made this table top for my father for his birthday. He's from England but has now spent more than half of his life here hence the gift. I didn't come up with the idea. Saw it on a t-shirt. Thought it would make a cool table. I messed up the miters and now I'm trying to hide them. I thought some metal corner guards would actually be nice. I've looked in every brick and mortar craft and box store and can't find something that will cover it. Looked online with no success. Some close but nothing perfect. Table is 1" 5/8 thick fyi. I put a temporary one on that doesn't quite fit just to see what it might look like. Any ideas of how to remedy this or to let me know of a site that does hardware like this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
>>
File: 20170729_194510.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170729_194510.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
Here's the problem
>>
Leather wrap the whole perimeter, use decorative furniture tacks.
>>
Interesting idea. I used oak slats. I was hoping to showcase them. The table sides aren't finished yet. I used a bar top finish on the top and it dripped over the sides. It's a bitch to sand off. Needs some more sanding. I was going to poly the sides when it's done.
>>
leather wrap around his neck for being an imperialist pig
>>
>>1218497
Cut a piece of wood to fit. Glue. Sand. Refinish.
You could even use a different color of wood or red/blue/white resin. Or you could try your hand at making your own corners out of flat brass sheet stock.
>>
>>1218532
I was thinking something like that too. I have some scrap walnut sitting around. Cut it 1/2" x 1/2" x 2". Use a strait bit on the router cutting a corner out leaving a 1/4" are the top.
>>
File: 20170618_182949.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_182949.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>
Not trying to be mean, but why didn't you just replace the sides before you finished the top?
>>
>>1218859
He probably was impatient or assuming it would work out. I have been guilty of this.

Also, good thread OP. It is a cool idea, and once you figure out what to do with those corners, it will look really freaking great.
>>
Cut in at a 90. Just glue in square corner blocks. A pretty wood of some sort. Cherry? Walnut? Ebony? Whatever is laying around.
>>
>>1218859
Yes was in a rush to get it done. That was the last of that type of wood I had left. Thought these corner guards would be easier to find. I think I might go ahead and cut the corners off like the other anon suggested.
>>
>>1218863
>Whatever is laying around.

Douglas fir it is, then.
>>
>>1218497
This is a road case corner. Would this work?
>>
>>1218497
way to disrespect the flag...
>>
>>1219302
if you get all autistic about people "disrespecting" the flag, you are acting absolutely contrary to what the flag stands for.
do whatever you want, the flag doesn't have feelings it won't get offended
>>
>>1218497
You cqn by woodfiller, fill, sand, stain. If your going to stain, make sure you get the kind that is stainable. This is the easiedt way.
>>
File: giphy_s.gif (10KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy_s.gif
10KB, 480x270px
>>1219302
I didn't lose a leg and spend 10 years of my life for you to be a faggot.
>>
inlaid corner brace would look fine

depends on if you can find the right size, if not do what >>1218532 said and get some stock brass and bend your own
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.