[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holes need to be cleaned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 20170729_174322.jpg (2MB, 2988x3984px) Image search: [Google]
20170729_174322.jpg
2MB, 2988x3984px
so I have this cistern in my back room, nobody's touched it in like 10 years and its a mess overrun with spiderwebs and stuff. I'm pretty new to DIY work

how should I go about cleaning it up? currently the "ladder" is rotten and needs replacement. another question, what should I do with it when it's finally.. usable.
>>
shameless self bump
>>
>>1218494
is that one of those fancy roman toilets?
>>
>>1218494

I would see if you could get an aluminum ladder made so corrosion isn't a huge problem.

10/10 cistern great place to dispose of the bodies after you are done with them
>>
>>1218536
oh genuine advice thank you anon, I will look into that. both of those. now should I attach the ladder? and add an actual door or something?
>>
don't bother cleaning it, use it as an oubliette
>>
>>1218541
Just use liquid nails. Fasten the steps to the walls of the cistern directly. It will look very smooth and OK
>>
>>1218494
>cistern
>with a wooden ladder

That's a dirty damn cistern. Replace the wooden ladder with an aluminum ladder. Scrub the hell out of everything. It needs to be 100% clean and sanitary before you can use it as a cistern. Fit it with a properly tight lid that insects can't get though.

How large is it?
>>
More pictures of the bottom of cistern. pls
>>
>>1218494
this is what I would do:
1. pull out everything you can reach from the top (if any)
2. use a broomstick to get all the spiderwebs (that you can reach)
3. climb down
4. get out remaining stuff (if any)
5. get the rest of the spiderwebs
6. start cleaning the cistern
(7. make/buy new ladder)
>>
>>1218712
I would move 7 between 2 and 3
>>
>>1218494
Time to stop paying your sewer bill anon. You know what to do.
>>
What is this? For pooping in? Why would you crawl into that thing?
>>
I would strongly suggest you drop a gas tester in there before going down, or at the bare minimum ventilate it heavily before working down there and keep air forced into it. With confined spaces theres a good chance gasses can build up there or simply just create oxygen deficient environments because of lack of air flow in the area and decomposition of organics.
>>
>>1218494
I wouldn't go in there without an oxygen tube
>>
>>1219529
>>1219536
This. If you don't know what's down there it's a pointless risk, approach carefully and change that damn ladder with something that won't block you down there.

By the way, depending on what was it used for, its dimensions and reliability, I suggest a panic room/ bunker
>>
>>1218494
slaves cage
>>
>>1218818
i would have a hard time coming back up again, wouldn't I?

haha
>>
>>1218579
This is a pretty good idea actually. I wonder how many corpses would fit inside?
>>
Is it just a hole, OP? Or is there like a room
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.