[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to diy free screen for phone old one shattered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: 1501175398020.png (13KB, 622x457px) Image search: [Google]
1501175398020.png
13KB, 622x457px
How to diy free screen for phone old one shattered
>>
File: 1382308930292.gif (986KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1382308930292.gif
986KB, 275x275px
>>1217471
>For free go ask a phone repair shop if you can sweep their floor for a month or something.
>For DIY:
1. Verify the LCD is not damaged. Cracks in the glass are okay. Bleeding/dead/lost pixels are not.
2. Watch some youtubes on how to replace your specific phone screen. This will give you an idea of how to do it and what tools. There's different techniques too favored by different people
3. Search amazon/ebay for '<my phone> glass'
Don't just buy the cheapest one: watch to see if it comes with an OCA (optically clear adhesive) sheet, foam screen supports, and screen/edge adhesive.
Technique notes:
1. I don't recommend UVLOCA (ultra-violet light curing OCA) for you because you need to buy a $30 light and you might get cheap/expired glue. Don't listen to the guys saying to cure it in the sun, they are retarded.
2. I do recommend using getting a molybdenum wire kit if applicable to your phone. It depends how many wires attach to the glass. If you just go to town with it, you can cut right through the home/back/whatever/digitizer/antenna wires.
3.I Also recommend getting a OCA solvent kit with a plastic razor blade. This is good for cleaning adhesive off the phone edge no matter how it's secured
4. You want a heat gun. MAYBE if you have a really good hair dryer, but I never even bothered fucking around with one because heat guns are too useful if you're into electronics.
5. You also need this tool kit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PHNMEMC
The tweezers are nice, everything in there is just nice.
6. You also want some suction cups, but they might come with your glass kit. They can help you pull up the glass while you heat the edge for the last little bit of adhesive.
>>
>>1217519
>I do recommend using getting a molybdenum wire kit if applicable to your phone.

Why do you say this, and is it typically specified in the product description?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.