[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

improve electric fence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: da_fence.jpg (261KB, 526x587px) Image search: [Google]
da_fence.jpg
261KB, 526x587px
Looking for suggestions on improving a garden fence setup. I don't plan on keeping it up through the winter, so I want it to be a bit easier to adjust/assemble/disassemble for next year.

Right now the wires are just wrapped around pvc pipes to insulate them from the ground, and secured with zip ties. I would like something that would hole a bit tighter to prevent sagging.

I was thinking about use hose clamps or pipe straps attached to/around the pipe, to hold the wires with eyelets (somehow). As well as putting a turnbuckle in each run to keep the tension up.

I thought about just screwing eyelets into the pvc, but keeping everything isolated would be a problem. I don't know if I will keep the current setup, one wire to the ground and the other to the two fence wires, or separate the two wires and use one as the ground.
>>
>>1217395
do you live in a country that doesnt sell all the electric fence accoutrements in a nice row at your local big box store.
>>
>>1217417
the only thing big box stores carry are the over priced plastic insulators meant to stick into wooden posts
>>
File: F93Q3Y9GEVZWCC1.MEDIUM[1].jpg (18KB, 452x327px) Image search: [Google]
F93Q3Y9GEVZWCC1.MEDIUM[1].jpg
18KB, 452x327px
>>1217395
notch the pvc and tighten the wire or get a male to male adapter, cut the pvc in three and then put the adapter on so you have bump out for the wire to rest on.
>>
>>1217479
>notch the pvc and tighten the wire
that would not be possible as is, since that would mean there would be a connection between the hot wire and the rebar post in the ground

>get a male to male adapter, cut the pvc in three and then put the adapter on so you have bump out
I don't know what you're describing, but that did give me the simple idea of just putting a larger pipe over the current one so I can screw eyelets in the side and it will still be safe
>>
File: 1491935518122.jpg (15KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
1491935518122.jpg
15KB, 430x430px
This is the "correct" spring you would need to tension the electric wires. You might have something just as functional in your junk pile of springs.
>>
File: electric fence post.jpg (27KB, 622x1024px) Image search: [Google]
electric fence post.jpg
27KB, 622x1024px
put a pvc TEE fitting where you want the wire
cut angled slot it TEE to hold wire
don't glue fittings and pipe for smaller storage parts
do glue if you want to make each post a permanent single piece
>>
>>1217542
how is that different?

>>1217551
thanks for your thoughts
>>
>>1217551
Better price those fittings first. Plus figure the time to cut and glue sections of pipe.
>>
>>1217516
this is what I meant. Get 2 of these, cut the pvc in three pieces and then join them all together with these. They will give you an insulated lip to rest a taught wire on, or you could just notch them before you connect them so the wire will rest in them and will only touch the pvc connected under them, similar to this >>1217551 but with straight pieces.
They're like 50 cents a piece.
>>
>>1217882
I know what you are saying
>>
File: 171368-10549803.jpg (57KB, 318x480px) Image search: [Google]
171368-10549803.jpg
57KB, 318x480px
>>1217395
As a man who lives on a farm I'm just gonna come out and say that looks like garbage. You should be sad. If you want a cheap fence just buy some t-posts and plastic insulators. Pic very related
>>
>>1218103
>that looks like garbage
so did your mother, but all the other livestock was taken
>>
File: 1501272645029.jpg (143KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1501272645029.jpg
143KB, 1334x750px
>>1218114
>>
File: cheap fence tensioner.png (71KB, 1440x2280px) Image search: [Google]
cheap fence tensioner.png
71KB, 1440x2280px
>>1217395
In all seriousness tho you could probably use a bolt and nut with two washers to tighten the wire. Pic related. Take washers and drill small holes on the outer edges of them big enough to fit the wires through. Then put the washers on the bolt and tighten the nut. It should draw them together and also be incredibly cheap. Keep in mind that depending on what the bolt is coated with you might have to use a separate piece of wire to complete the circuit.
>>
>>1218133
thanks for the idea

I'll compare prices the next time I'm at the store....not 100% on it but I'm leaning towards 4 separate wires, hot-ground-hot-ground

I don't have enough wire to re-do things now, but it's not too expensive
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.