[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kitchen wall repair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Kitchen.png (552KB, 533x716px) Image search: [Google]
Kitchen.png
552KB, 533x716px
Poorfag here. Living in a country with a broken housing market. Its cheaper for me to move into a run down house with friends and renovate it myself than to rent a tiny crummy apartment. The house is not in too bad a shape, but the kitchen needs a lot of work. It's built with limestone which can become water logged super quick.

Planning to drill along the bottom in intervals and inject with a water proof sealant, wait for it to dry, then try replace the pipes for the sink just in case. If i manage till this stage I'll just hope the cement will adhere before tiling. I will probably leave the surface of the wall behind the kitchen exposed in hopes it will not let any humidity get trapper behind it.

Think this will work? First time doing this and it seems to be the best option. Though trying to find anything on limestone has been hell. Anything else I should do or reseach on?
>>
>>1217013
>Planning to drill along the bottom in intervals and inject with a water proof sealant, wait for it to dry,

This achieves nothing, wtf are you trying to do here?

>replace the pipes for the sink just in case

Again, why? If it ain't broke why fix it?

>tiling

Just tile the area that will get slashed on i.e. around the sink, no need to tile the whole thing, the broken wall will give a nice contrast against the new tiles and will make the right atmosphere of the "ghetto luxury" look you want.

>limestone

Just look at the houses around and copy them, don't try to science the whole thing again
>>
>>1217013
>Its cheaper for me to move into a run down house with friends and renovate it myself than to rent a tiny crummy apartment.

you will fix 1 problem get 2 more.
>>
>>1217023

>meant to say inject a water proof membrane. Again limestone is extremely porous. It should have no problem spreading and should stop any more damage as well as help is dry. It should also help stop mold from forming.

>Because its old and the last thing I want it to have to replace everything once everything is installed and up and running. Just trying to prevent more costs down the road.

>will probably only do that but I'll still need to cover the whole wall up with cement. Because of the damage it produces a lot of dust, so would rather not have that in the kitchen. That or at the very least use mold resistant paint.

>Most people here just let their houses rot or spend a shit ton of money on hiring a company to do it for them, I would rather not be over charged for something I could in theory do myself. That and most companies just slap a piece of insulated board onto the wall to hide the damages instead of tackling the actual issue. Even if I did pay to have shit fixed for me I want a proper solution not just a band aid slapped onto it.
>>
>>1217041
I don't really have another choice. Worst case scenario I'll scrap the whole kitchen and just cook on an electric stove top in another room and wash dishes in the bathroom
>>
My house is limestone too.

Only the "backsplash" is tiled, ke yours is now.

The top and bottom cabinets are sitting on a bare wall, like yours used to be.
Been that way for 30 years.
No problems with moisture.
>>
>>1217013
Brazilian civil engineering is still in the middle ages. Everything is built using structural bricks, cement and ceramic. Want to change a a tiny bit of your house? Oh sorry, you have to break 3 walls and rebuild them. Better pay those half illiterate fucks to do it (badly) for you :^).
>>
Ahh France....
>>
>broken housing market. Its cheaper for me to move into a run down house with friends and renovate it myself than to rent a tiny crummy apartment.
A habitable space being more expensive than a rotten pile of shit is not a symptom of a broken market
>>
>>1217628
Don't be stupid.

Load bearing wall has to be brick or concrete.
If you decide to take down a dividing wall, you can re-build it out of 2x4 and plasterboard.
You don't have to use brick again.
>>
File: 1508703[1].jpg (188KB, 1654x1654px) Image search: [Google]
1508703[1].jpg
188KB, 1654x1654px
>>1218014
I know load bearing walls are made with load bearing elements. The thing is dividing walls there are done with the exact same thing they use for loads. The floors are usually ceramic (need to be broken when they are badly applied and pop out because of dilatation)and the houses have no insulation so they get very hot when it's hot and very cold when it's cold.

There isn't such thing as a 2x4 there, you buy wood by the meter and in pieces starting at 4 or 3 meters. If you want it cut previously you have to hire a shop to do it.
Plasterboard is exclusively used for decoration and ceilings And of course you don't have to use brick again, but brick is all there is.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.