[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you live in a van?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: FRQGZ0UJ5K5TXPH.LARGE.jpg (78KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FRQGZ0UJ5K5TXPH.LARGE.jpg
78KB, 960x720px
Would you live in a van?
>>
I would try.
>>
>>1216978
I'm planning to with a tent on the roof and kitchen + windsurf box + shower in the van
Maybe I'll be using a hammock in the van at the beginning, roof tent are expensive
>>
>>1216978
I MUST PROCREATE W/ THAT QT
>>
>>1216978
Is the van made from a shipping container?
>>
File: vw-t1.jpg (240KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
vw-t1.jpg
240KB, 800x571px
>>1216978
give me this beauty and id do it in a heartbeat
>>
>>1217020
I hope you like airbags
>>
>>1216978
Cunt, I have live in my unmodeled beat up old Chevy. If you can earn more than a grand a month, don't.
Yes I did save quite a bit of money to start my own business/go to school but it was miserable; you cant ever cook properly, you can't enjoy any electronics properly, you can't groom yourself properly and most importantly you never have peace of mind

Only live in yer car if you are really poor and down on yer luck
>>
File: portable stove.jpg (88KB, 864x659px) Image search: [Google]
portable stove.jpg
88KB, 864x659px
>>1216978
I traveled around and slept in my Altima for a few months earlier this year. It really isn't so bad, especially if you are in areas where you can keep comfy, temp wise, without having the car on

I slept in the mountains in Colorado for a few days. Just had warm clothes and a 0 degree rated sleeping bag. When it was nice outside, I'd hang up my hammock and zip myself up.

Washed myself at the gym, or a random hookup's place. Went to shit at whatever store.
Gas stations with one person rooms are nice for shaving, too.

Slept at Walmart parking lots under the lights for safety. There are lots of people sleeping in those lots all over the country, and you can wake up and shit at Walmart right after

As far as cooking goes, I kept a cooler in my trunk for perishables, and would buy ice when needed. The melted water was reused for washing/cleaning things. Bought myself a portable stove when I HAD to cook, but there are lots of things you can eat without cooking. Mostly veggie taco wraps. Also was lucky with meat; I had killed a deer back in November so I had plenty to eat in my cooler.

Luck is the most important factor. Things can go very wrong if you are unlucky. Listen carefully to what the universe is trying to tell you.
>>
>>1216978
Is this the new storage container?
>>
now that ive had a cheap apartment no. i need at least two shipping containers worth of space to be happy

>>1218995
no, the storage container is the new van. vans were teh trendy memehome first. just look at vee-dub campers
>>
>>1216978
Sure if the alternative was living out in the open.
>>
File: 1447013123876.jpg (34KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
1447013123876.jpg
34KB, 500x598px
>not living in a bus
>>
>>1216978
With a QT like that, sure.
>>
>>1218995
No, if you like to travel and camping, vans are awesome, they give you comfort and protection
We all know that a big storm while in a tent will not provide the best night
>>
>>1216978
I dislike big houses and I dislike tiny houses either. I like to have just enough room for a kitchen, a normal sized bathroom and a room. @ 400 sqft is my ideal. so no. I like to shower when I want and maybe take a bath. I like to cook my food and have enough stored. I like to have a big bed and I like to have some space to move. maybe do some pushups or something
>>
I would have if I'm not married lol
>>
>>1216978
Theres a guy on /b that does. He comes in frim time to time, he built cabinets in his van along with bed frame. Has electricity for his laptop.
>>
>>1217563
>you never have peace of mind
This.
The thought of your "house" and all your belongings out there among the hundreds of feral refugee niggers that walk by it every day will wreck you.
>>
>>1216978
Only i can fuckt ops pucci
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.