[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quality based on expectation.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: that-should-do-the-trick.jpg (38KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
that-should-do-the-trick.jpg
38KB, 400x399px
Do you let your quality of work slide when literally nobody gives a fuck?
I took a side job working for a trashy piece of shit "contractor" I met at the gas station while I was on lunch from my real job. He saw I worked in construction and said he needed some help restoring a property. He was cool with my availability so I decided to go get some practice in and earn a few dollars. This guy is a southern Missouri recheck alcoholic shitlord who does everything the cheap wrong shit way.
>stuck a piece of crown molding up with 2 dabs of caulk
>painted over mold

Either way the other guy he hired on is a meth addict painter who spends 70% of the day yelling at his girlfriend on speakerphone.
The guy who hired this shitshow contractor is a senile pastor who came in and said "it's for a halfway house, whatever" when he saw a mistake.

I was raised to do good work and I don't like cutting corners but this guy is a hack and he gets shitty when I don't finish things quickly enough. Nobody seems to care.

Would you walk off or work like a fucking degenerate and just take the money?
>>
>>1216730
Can't put a price on pride, son.
>>
>>1216730
Do a good job for the pastor ignore the 2 other retards and be on your mary way knowing that your not some failure in life and you atleast did some good for that house
>>
No. Don't work with degenerates who have no pride or integrity.
>>
>>1216730
no

last job was manual labor working along with the boss; half the time he was yelling that you were taking too long and being too precise, the other half you were being too sloppy

>but boss, I literally learned everything I know by watching you, and I've literally watched you do the exact things you're whining about

another guy would actually call him on it when he was complaining, like "don't you want us to do a quality job?" "your customers are not going to be happy if our effort is complete crap"
>>
>>1216791
>>1216816
>>1216828
>>1216838
You all make good points. I think I'm just going to ask for my pay and walk out. I would tell the pastor but he genuinely seems like an apathetic scumbag himself.
>>
>>1216850
just to be clear, when I >>1216838 said no, I meant the part about intentionally doing bad work

there's nothing wrong with walking away from idiots doing crap work
>>
>>1216730
>walk off
Yes. The asshat who hired you won't be happy with you doing the job the way it should be done, the client doesn't seem much better, and you're better than this hack job.
>>
>>1216730

Just asking the question makes me wonder about you OP.

People who find an excuse to do shit work will do shit work at every opportunity. People who do quality work will try to do quality work all the time, and if the employer makes that hard to do, they will find another employer.
>>
>>1216921
Eh, I was mostly asking what other anons have done in this kind of scenario. I won't do shit work by myself but when he wants me to help him with something shitty it's kind of hard to do my half of the wrong thing the right way.

You can question me all you want. I'm sure you wouldn't complain if we worked together though.
>>
File: government at work.jpg (59KB, 400x455px) Image search: [Google]
government at work.jpg
59KB, 400x455px
>>1216791
yes I can, 1000 monies.

protip: do the work to an average standard, take the money. Doesn't have to be perfect.

Work well when people care; good work for good people.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.