[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/diy/ turbojet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: images(2).jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
26KB, 640x480px
I'm making pic related, I could use some help.

1. I have a smaller flametube diameter than the calculated one, Can I compensate that by drilling larger holes?
2. Where should the holes be positioned?
3. I want to use gasoline, so do I go with pump or a pressurized container?
4.how do I make an injector that aerosolizes the fuel?
>>
The calculator I used,

http://www.nuclearprojects.com/jetspecs/flametube.php
>>
>>1216361
I can answer no.3 for you and you do not want a large canister of pressurized gasoline anywhere near you or your property, and especially not anywhere near a turbojet engine in operation. Use a high-pressure fuel pump and have a smaller canister closer to the nozzle that you can pressurize to give some extra startup juice
>>
I really don't know about the hole/chamber ratio.

But
>>1216365
Has the right idea. A high pressure fuel pump connected to a "hydropneumatic" chamber can assure a steady pressurized flow. There are injectors that aereolize the fuel, they have nozzles like atomizers. It would be helpful if you could have a small presurrized air pipe going paralel to the injecror, so the fuel get's air directly. Or a pre-oxidation chamber. I understand that this is not what the jet is for, but it would help to make combustion more efficient.

Also, are you building a generator? Or do you want Thrust?
>>
>>1216365
Thanks anon. I thought I couldn't get a decent flow rate without using beefy pumps.

>>1216554
> A high pressure fuel pump connected to a "hydropneumatic" chamber
Wouldn't that cost a fortue to make/build?
>air pipe paralel to the injector
Yeah, I'm pumping air directly to the combustion chamber till the turbo self sustains.

Also, I want thrust. I'm not pushing anything with it, but I want to measure thrust, temp, pressure and rippums of the turbo.
>>
>>1216361
Wtf is the diameter and what are you doing with the waste heat? And DIY? There's a reason cars, gasoline generators, and small planes don't use turbines.
>>
>>1216817
Diameter is the longest chord you can draw in a circle.and chord is a line between any two points on the circumference of the circle.

By waste heat you mean hot exhaust gases? They are made to pass though a de laval nozzle and out.

I know turbines have to be big to get TWR up, but I'm not pusing or flying anything with it. Just for graphs. And cars use turbine, it's called a turbocharger.
>>
>>1216817
>dont do things for fun because it has no practical use!
fuck off

>>1216814
depends on what "high pressure" means to you. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N415WN5 is a $60 electric pump capable of 255 lph @ 43 psi and maxes at 120 psi. as for a tank im not sure how big a capacity you want but a something like a 1 gallon air tank (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YC7GAQ) would work well and obviously be able to handle 150+ psi.
also check out colin furze on youtube if you havent hes done a couple of turbo turbine projects, granted on propane, but still. even did one with no welding and it worked.
>>
>>1216830
Will do. Thanks for the links anon.
>>
>>1216814
>Wouldn't that cost a fortune to make/build?

Nah, the inject can be one like the ones you fund on diesel engines, but modify it so it releases a continuous flow. And the hydropneumatic is literally a pressurized can where you store a bit of fuel along with air at "high pressures" in order to ensure a steady flow, like a capacitor would work in a circuit
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.