[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>19 yo F >live in stupid expensive apartment w. Bf >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

>19 yo F
>live in stupid expensive apartment w. Bf
> always wanted to live in van, since I can remember

What are some tips and how do I get started? Also how do I convince my apprehensive bf
>>
File: 200.gif (3MB, 359x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
3MB, 359x200px
either dump your bf or grow up.
#vanlife is a meme done by trust fund kids and instagram shills.
>>
>>1215322
Definitely not a trust fund baby but I am interested in not paying rent
>>
>>1215319
What do you want the extra savings for?
Not stuff because nowhere to put it. Not going out unless its to a gym to use the showers. For a nice place to live? You are already there congratulations.

Do you have a van to sleep in? Go sleep in it then see how you get on. I'm not saying you don't exist but no woman would voluntarily sleep in a van unless they didn't realise the home comforts they were giving up. Your bf might think its retarded but will only say a hard no if he is either bent or his dad was raped in a van or something
>>
>>1215323
I get that and yes good for you if you can save a some monies, just have in mind it isn't as glamorous as it seems always portrayed in the social networks.
But as I said if that's what you want then you need to see if you and your bf are in the same page, if not either you are ok with it or move on. with 19 yo you're still a kid and there's plenty of fish for your to look at. Godspeed-
>>
>>1215323
Then go back to living with your family.
>>
>>1215319
Protip: Don't buy a van that looks like that. Get something with no rear windows if possible, like a cargo van.
>>
>>1215319
>19 yo F
Ohh boy, seems you're new here, along with everyone in this thread.

Tits or GTFO. Thems the rules.
>>
>>1214576

I have a van. You can spend the night with me.
>>
>>1215342
>Tits or GTFO. Thems the rules.

I'm sorry, did you mistake this grownup board for one of the children's boards? >>>/b/
>>
>>1215342
Those are the rules of /b/. Diy knows how to google for boobs.
>>
>>1215322
My cousin and her boyfriend sold their home and bought a small motorhome. Now they are driving around the continent with it, I think they have been on the road for a year.
But I totally wouldn't. I'm building a solid home to myself. It's foundation is anchored in the bedrock.
>>
>>1215319
Bad idea.
All-in-all you may as well pay for a smaller appartment, because you will be using money on parking and renovations for the car. You'll also be a bit smelly because, let's face it, washing will be a lot harder. Forget about a proper toilet intergrated in there, so you will have to do it in nature or find a public restroom. Wow, sounds like so much fun. There should also be quite a bit of shame connected to not having a place to live, because you will be just a glorified homeless person with a bad car and no security.
If you are two people living in a car - that car will be your life. It must always work and that can become quite expensive.
You'll also gain weight, because no way you can fit a kitchen inside that thing, you'd be eating fast food every day, even though your idea atm. is that you will eat healthy meals prepared over a bonfire every night.
>>
>>1215350
But not Google how to live in a van down by the river?
>>
File: 1489953247922.jpg (698KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489953247922.jpg
698KB, 1600x1200px
I have a van bb
snd me a pm if you want to netflix an chill
>>
>>1215323
Get married.
>>
>>1215330
Not an option
>>
File: eb4572def859d3176a5d75c8d647102b.jpg (407KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
eb4572def859d3176a5d75c8d647102b.jpg
407KB, 1920x1440px
>>1215537
Just pressure and lie. Thats how you make men marry you.
Also try withholding segs
>>
File: im-a-girl-btw-128282966021.jpg (23KB, 602x400px) Image search: [Google]
im-a-girl-btw-128282966021.jpg
23KB, 602x400px
>>1215319
>19 yo F
mfw
>>
>>1215545
>motown
Weew la.
>>
File: Rule16.png (100KB, 1254x261px) Image search: [Google]
Rule16.png
100KB, 1254x261px
>>1215349
No. No no no. That's one of the basic rules of the anonymous imageboard. Let me explain
>>
>>1215349
Yes can we please leave the childish behavior out of this thread? This is a serious discussion about how to live in a van like a bum. Adults only
>>
>>1215458
Nice, I would drive the shit out of that van after getting that hideous neon lettering off that Franzetta.
>>
>>1215545
mtgtow lvl 69:
he lives in an area where contact with others is non existent. his sole purpose in life is sitting in a cave meditating towards a wall his waking hours, and living on food foraged by himself that is consumed upon finding. he does this not in spite of the blue pilled world, but for the fact that if he did anything at all, even meager like cut wood, stock food supplies, create tools or art for his own use, it could be utilized by those in the blue pilled world if they happened to come upon his living space. in doing so would be benifiting the blue pilled world that enables societys treatment towards men, thus he does not do anything
>>
>>1215638
Bullshit.
This is a thread made by someone who ignored the 4 other threads on the same subject and cannot figure out how to google.

There is no deep discussion to be found.
>>
File: 250px-Young_theodore_kaczynski.jpg (15KB, 250x177px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Young_theodore_kaczynski.jpg
15KB, 250x177px
>>1215672
>>
>I live in a nice place but would rather be homeless

Is all of diy this fucking retarded?
>>
>>1215739
>retarded
Op is a 19 y.o. FEMALE, please.
>so am I BTW, and so's he.
>>
>>1215592
We are forgetting important stuff like this.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>1215319
>itt there are retards who want to live in a fucking van
enjoy smelling like ass and shitting outside
>>
>>1215319
>19 yo living with BF
freaking degenerates...
>>
File: download (15).jpg (18KB, 204x307px) Image search: [Google]
download (15).jpg
18KB, 204x307px
>>1215319
>Young female wants to create her own rape van
/diy/ as fuck.
>>
>>1215319
You are not going to like it nor is he.
>>
File: 1431021318481.png (347KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1431021318481.png
347KB, 453x604px
>>1215793
>shitting outside
>women
>shitting
pick one, sperglord.
>>
>>1215319
>live in stupid expensive apartment w. Bf
>w. BF
Stop living a life of sin.
>>
>>1215939
The sin is spending the bulk of your income on rent to service someone elses mortgage.
>>
>>1215323
>Definitely not a trust fund baby but I am interested in not paying rent
Then get a mortgage and build some equity.
>>
>>1215319
Get something substantially less stupid - a motorhome.
>>
>>1215319
actually, too much shitting on OP now. Two periods in life you maybe have the opportunity to try van dwelling, 18-23, 65-70+ The latter (being wise) go for fully-fitted motorhomes (and small dogs) and shit, is expensive af tho.

you wanna do it, go for it - but, you need a flexible approach (to near everything), bit of a hippy attitude helps - and you'll soon find out how well you get on with the BF when your both stuck in a space that confined, 'convincing him' = just buy a van, quit the lease and then fucking threaten him if needed, its easier.
>>
>>1216018
Apartment buildings aren't bought with mortgages they are more like business loans and at best you would probably only be paying for someone else's property tax and insurance.
>>
>>1216099
>quit the lease and then fucking threaten him if needed, its easier.
Yeah, because forcing someone to become homeless is always such a great idea.
>>
>>1215319
And can you tell me where the hell do you think you are going to take a dump/piss?
>>
Honestly, OP sounds like a dumb ho.
>>
>>1215322
This.

Absolute degenerate...

At least get an rv or 5th wheel for your gay buttsex or stop trolling sage
>>
>>1215349
>Makes what could have been an interesting thread about living in a van
>NEEDS to specify that they are a girl for attention

Not my fault she's a vapid narcissist
>>
>/diy/ is full of boomers
wow who knew
>>
>>1216670
who seems like a boomer?
>>
>>1215319
There's a comedian named dave stone that lives in a van whenever he tours. He came up with some good ideas for living in a van in most areas of the US. I'd say look him up youtube
>>
>>1215353
>park in free parking areas like suburbs or something
>gym membership to combat weight and smell gains
>eat subway or grocery salads kept in cooler
>get little propane stove/grill to cook yourself

Anon pls
>>
I'm considering doing this exact same thing except it'll be a trailer behind my motorcycle that folds into a space larger than a van. Roomy and with all the essentials, shower, internet, bearskin rug and a moon roof so bitches can stare at the stars while I fuck them B^)
>>
>>1216797
Anyone saying "get a mortgage" (and work until you're 67 then you can buy an RV and do the same thing you want to do now) seems like a boomer.

That and the old "where will you shit/shower/shave?" routine.
>>
>>1216946
As if you would do any of these things past the first week. Can't fool me, my friend!
>>
>>1215319
Check your municipal bylaws to see if this is even legal in your city
>>
>>1215319
Get a truck and trailer instead. Vans are fine until they need repair and maintenance which if you don't DIY all that means leaving your home at a shop. OTOH trailers have plenty of usable space and may be parked while doing useful things with their prime mover.

Living in a van is no worse than living in a tent on deployments and that isn't bad unless you are sensitive. If you are sensitive, KYS. If bf is sensitive, kill him and find a real man/woman/gender of your choice.
>>
I have lived in a box truck for 3 years. Dont regret a single day, except maybe diarea I catched somewhere, weather was terrible and i had to shit outside in the snow several times that night.

Dont try retrofitting it yourself, buy a ready made camper because you will fail to do a proper thing the first time.

Tips. Be stealthy, pee in a bucket, try shitting outside, dont shower, just change clothes. You can cook small things on your camper stove, use public laundry, make your boyfriend to buy his own bus.

Its an easy living provided you have places to park and can abandon convienience of electricity and running water
>>
Van life limits what you can do. you cant have any REAL hobbies.
>>
>>1215554
Are you saying OP is a man?
I already jacked it to her/him saying he/she was a 19f on here.
Am I gay now?
>>
What can you do to get reliable, fast internet living out of a van? Is that impossible? You can tether a cell and use data from that, but data is fucking expensive so ???
>>
>>1215353
>lmao eating mcdonalds=being fat
i bet youre a fatty, anon. no other way youd be so retarded
>>
>>1217142
Sorry anon, its too late for you now. but then, it's always too late. just learn to accept the gay.
>>
File: 1498279280995.png (564KB, 736x598px) Image search: [Google]
1498279280995.png
564KB, 736x598px
>>1215319
What is it with girls and wanting to live in vans. My gf wants one too.
>>
>>1217401
because women live in a fucking fantasy world
>>
>>1217412
this desu
>>
>>1217401
>instagram
They don't know there is no real shower, must shit in a dry toilet or outside, you hear everything outside, dealing with people trying to open your van at 3am, etc
It's cool for holidays, but all the year ? no
>>
>>1217107
All the best hobbies require a camper van or travel.
>>
File: tooold.jpg (13KB, 397x300px) Image search: [Google]
tooold.jpg
13KB, 397x300px
>>1215319
>F
>wants to live in a van
>19 yo
picrelated.jpg

/thread
>>
File: 1.jpg (604KB, 1900x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
604KB, 1900x1268px
>>1217107
I'm sorry ?
>>
>>1215319

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

I'm a grill btw
>>
>>1217098

sounds fun
>>
>>1215319

Single, 30 y/o M here, I full-timed in a Lynx All-Terrain Camper (truck camper). So you want to live in a van? I won't tell you how to live your life, but here is a very short list of things to consider...

How is your relationship with your bf?...it will change...
How are your relationships with friends and family?...that will change too
Any pets?
What are your hobbies? Where will you store any related items?
Do you work? Student? How about your bf?
What will you eat? And how will you store/prepare/cook it?
Where do you plan to piss/shit? How about at 3am?
Where will you shower? Do laundry?
Where do you plan on parking? For how long?
Will you have another mode of transportation?
How will you power appliances?
What are your skill-sets? Do you have tools?

Here are some things you (and your bf) may want to do in preparation:

Go through ALL of your belongings, then sell/donate/trash 50% of it. Now do it again. And again. Move yourself, bf, and what remains of your stuff into one room. Each week reduce the amount of floor space in the room, until its about 100sqft. Do EVERYTHING in that room with your bf (sleep, read, work, eat, cook, etc).
>>
>>1215319
>>1217871

The amount of available space is just one of many lifestyle changes to get used to. It has an effect on everything. Do you like to socialize with friends? How many of them will come hang out in a space that is smaller than some closets? Prepare for things to take longer, space is limited. Simple tasks like cooking a meal or picking out that one shirt (out of the 10 that you chose to keep) resemble manipulating a Rubik's cube as you shift 5 different items in order to access something. Just moving around the living space will become a new challenge, you'll practically have to choreograph every movement with your bf. You will become acutely aware of every little possession. We are often unaware of what we bring into our lives. Be mindful of what you bring home. How much bullshit do you bring into your living space? Really? How much of it leaves your living space? You become fully aware of how much trash and clutter seems to magically appear. Every little scrap (even pocket bs like receipts) rob you of necessary work space. It's good for being anti-hoarder unless you love living in an intimately small space amongst your own filth. If you have trouble keeping your purse clean and organized...hahaha good luck...

Just a few tidbits as food for thought, ask away if you have more questions.
>>
>not read this read
>have no intention or desire to do van-dwelling

I've been watching videos of honda fits people have out-fitted to do hatchback-dwelling. Seems pretty comfy for short trips and some people go months traveling in them. Seems fun desu. Won't work for your bf and you if you're typical Amerifats but if you ever break up it's an option.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.