[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (6KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 254x198px
I would like to get a screen on my wall, and hook it up with foobar2000 so that it displays album covers of the music I am playing, Preferably it would al be wireless. Any ideas?
>>
Get any tv made in the last 5 years. Hang it on the wall. Cast your music to it.
>>
If you can figure out a way to make foobar push the art over your network then you could use a Rapsberry pi running a digital signage distro and a cheapo HDMI screen (check the Chinese vendors).

Alternatively, use a WiDi adaptor with the aforementioned cheapo screen, connect it to your computer as a second monitor and display the album art window fullscreen on said screen.
>>
ssh into raspberry pi and just plug an hdmi into whatever you want to display it on and you can do whatever you want
>>
>>1215111
Hmmm, it's a pretty niche thing. Those digital picture frames usually aren't really open and you'd spend a lot of time dicking around with whatever internal code the maker created. Simplest solution I'd recommend is grabbing a Pi with a screen and then writing a Foobar addon that either copies metadata out to a specific location and then you can have the pi render a webpage that just refreshes on a listener. The other easier way is to just directly use the Pi as a render and cast the music to it.
>>
>>1215999
nice trips.

How about old tablet? Everything baked in, just needs power. Plus you could run apps on it to do other things like weather.
>>
>>1216028
Could do that would probably run just as cheap as the Pi. Bonus points for making it VNC controlled.
>>
Maybe get a WiFi SD card and write a program that runs on your PC and fetches the album art to send to the card, then swap it with another when the song changes?
No clue if those wifi cards can receive data though, just an idea
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.