[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to be living in pic related and going to college. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Going to be living in pic related and going to college. What modifications should I make to the car to make it more liveable/comfy? Also, how can I get electricity in there cheaply?
>>
>>1214729
Pull out the back seat, maybe cut a section to reach the truck. At the very least you should have leg room for sleeping now. May a moto, or car battery in the back
>>
>>1214729
not an optimal choice anon. Truck with camper shell or something like those old station wagons would be better.
Look into solar for charging the battery. Research camping setups and dual battery, battery isolator, inverters and stuff.
You are going to need ventilation or the inside of your car is going to become a swamp. So screens for the windows.
Your biggest problem will be the cops.
If you are that broke talk to the uni about tuition assistance and jobs like RA where you can offset real housing.
That or join the armed services. Three hots and a cot.
>>
Sell it and buy a cheap minivan
>>
>>1214756
what's the cheapest and smallest car where this setup is viable?
>>
>>1214800
a minivan
>>
>>1214818

Here is an example of what you can find. took me 3 minutes. I'm sure you can find better.
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/d/chevy-astro-cargo-swb/6212129399.html
>>
>>1214822
I like it, but that sort of car would really stand out in this area. I'm thinking a Subaru Forester may be big enough for living and still inconspicuous enough to park near a college
>>
How long are you planning to live in it? Lived in a volvo 940 while finding a place to live back in the day. Better to get a minivan. My car apparently got very humid inside and every morning I wanted to die. Find a place to live, imo. Or get a trailer.
>>
>>1214866
4 years
>>
I don't have any better pics and the car is a mess right now... I've been traveling in my shitbox for a few weeks, and so far so good!

With the shotgun seat removed, I can fit my two spares there snugly, and it lines up with the rear seats perfectly. When I sleep I just roll out my camping pad over the tires / rear seat, it can be a bit cramped when I need to stretch my legs out, but that's just because my car is small and I'm tall.

If I can't find somewhere private to park, I have some cardboard cutouts that I stick in the windows (Painted so I don't look quite as homeless) and a sun visor thing for the front and rear windows.

For power I just have one spare car battery. When that dies I just swap it out with the one my car is using, and after a while of driving its eventually charged again, then repeat when the other battery dies. I only use power for charging my phone and shaving, so it lasts a while. If you need to, upgrade the alternator in your car.

It's pretty easy living out of a two door hatchback - coupe, you really don't need a massive van (at least, I don't)

My recommendations and things I wish I did when I started: Tint your windows and have a brightly colored car, this will help keep you from burning. If you have the room, create a small swamp cooler or put fans (even small computer fans) around your car for airflow. Remove seats you won't use, you will be amazed at the room the passenger seat takes up. Keep your car looking good on the outside so you aren't harassed by authorities as much. If you plan on staying in one place the entire time, there are some places (boat parks, rv camps, etc) that will charge you a small annual fee ($200/year for rent is incredibly nice!) to stay year round, they may even have power hookups and restrooms!

>all my pictures are too big
If I remember to, I'll get a pic of my "home" later today.
>>
File: IMG_20170720_170552.jpg (4MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170720_170552.jpg
4MB, 4608x2592px
>>1215245
>>
>the state of /diy/ posters
>>
>>1215297
but it's fun living and traveling like this
>>
wrong board

https://7chan.org/jew/
>>
>>1214834
Make sure you tint the back so nobody can see you sleeping in it. Also you can leave a roof rack box on the top 24/7 for storage and nobody will look twice.

T. Subaru owner
>>
>>1215247
Any pics with the bed set up?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.