[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I accidentally left a packet of bananas in my car for 5 days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2223.jpg (124KB, 1300x1095px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2223.jpg
124KB, 1300x1095px
I accidentally left a packet of bananas in my car for 5 days in 25c heat

When I returned the bananas had turned to oil largely and my car seat was covered in it.

How the fuck do I get rid of this smell, my car smells like a garbage truck

Tried upholstery cleaner.
Tried water and washing liquid
Tried a whole can of fabreeze

Any /diy/ ideas before I rip the seat out and strip the upholstery and wash the foam

I believe the small is isoamyl acetate but I can't seem to find online something that will neutralise the smell
>>
Vinegar and dish soap.
>>
>>1214393
>Any /diy/ ideas before I rip the seat out and strip the upholstery and wash the foam

maybe its better to just get a seat from a junkyard
>>
>>1214393
You don't measure heat in money asshole
>>
>>1214459
It's a reasonably new car 2016
>>1214458
Will the vinegar smell go away?
>>
>>1214466
Bless you
>>
>>1214466
the c is for celsius
>>
Seats generally are removed easily.

Those fluids have well permeated into the foam. You need to soak it and extract it. Or you can try soak it and leave it in the sun. 25C is not that hot but you can try.
>>
Left a pack of jews at 1600C heat for 2 hours.
It will help.
>>
>remove seat
>scrub with washibg soda and water.
>take seat to gas station
>blast with pressure washer on hot setting
>>
File: IMG_1228.png (339KB, 761x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1228.png
339KB, 761x563px
>>1214488
Lower case is cents. Upper case is Celsius. He was just being an ass due to metric system. It makes people who use it everyday uppity, but almost all science is done with it so you might as well use it too.
>>
>>1214466
Few things on the internet actually make me laugh irl. This did
>>
>>1214393
If it's a shitty vehicle, you may as well take it out and go to the local junkyard and just get an equivalent. Oils are no joke, and if it's seeped into the foam, it will almost certainly always smell that way.
>>1214501 is right. However the best way to extract it, it straight from from your car.
>>
>>1214393
Call the government
>>
File: CRC-05089-2T.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
CRC-05089-2T.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
Brakleen uses the same chemical that dry cleaners use. I had oil based paint spilled inside a cloth interior car and it removed the paint without fading and no residue
>>
>>1214393
Leave hot car in sun with windows down, keeping it above 25c, make sure you oil down any other surface the sun will touch to protect it. There should be an auto store near you with products for protecting your insides.
>>
>>1214393
I would use bleach and clean the car, however I'm no cleaning master
>>
>>1214393
Sell this fucking car to the Monstertracks. Such a smell can kill you during a drive. Otherwise, buy again 25 bananas and let them rot 25 days at 25 °C. Then You have never flies in a circle of 25 miles.
>>
>>1214488
°C
>>
>>1214551
Upper case C is coulomb.
>>
File: CRC Brakleen msds.png (10KB, 929x200px) Image search: [Google]
CRC Brakleen msds.png
10KB, 929x200px
>>1214799
>Brakleen uses the same chemical that dry cleaners use.
I don't thinks so, Tim.
>>
>>1214393
Carb or bake cleaner.
>>
>>1215416
wat
>>
>>1214479
>It's a reasonably new car 2016
Assholes who can't drive still buy new cars. You can find one wrecked.
>>
>>1215416
all for only 25 cents
>>
No way are you getting that smell out of there. Just get a seat from a junkyard.
>>
Ozone generator. I just bought one from Amazon to eliminate rodent smell from classic cars. Works like a charm, although it may take several hours to completely rid the smell. I paid $60 for mine, well worth it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.