[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into welding machine repair, but I need broken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I want to get into welding machine repair, but I need broken machines to practice on, what are some good places to look for something like that? Not having much luck at local flea markets.
>>
What lead you into wanting to specialize in something like that?
>>
On top of that, the market for this is likely slim, if it's a welder worth having, it likely won't break
>>
>>1214176
I work in a welding supply shop and the guy I consistently deal with who fixes machines when they break is incredibly unreliable, I have to deal with it because he's actually the only certified miller\lincoln repair technician in the area and really it's more than he can do on his own. (He's had some of my customers machines for upwards of 6 months because he's so backed up). I've already asked him about coming in and offered to work for free any time I can because I just want to learn, but he's not interested. Thus, my current position.
>>
>>1214169
govliquidation website
>>
>>1214177
Repairing a welder will consist of replacing one of just a few big expensive parts. All of which are going to be proprietary to the machine.

All the trained technician does is put it on his bench, make a part order from Miller, and swap the parts when they show up.
>>
>>1214169
Pipeliners op.

Not a cheap introductory eaither.

Lots of new guys fresh out of school buy some old shitbox that has been updated with new parts for a descent starting rig.

Seriously just find a bar or pipeline near you and bring a couple of cases of beer and tell them u wanna rebuild pipeliner welders. Most all of the old pros have a few just kicking aroubd
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.