[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finishing a basement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: basementsealer.jpg (8KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
basementsealer.jpg
8KB, 300x200px
I want to finish the basement of my four year old house. I assume I need to seal the walls first but there are so many sealants on the market. Which one would you use? Also, the builder installed a rigid foil backed insulation down to the frost line - I assume I should also pull that down and seal behind that. What I am not sure of is what to do afterwards.

Should I chuck the old insulation, frame the walls, then install new insulation between the studs OR should I put the builder installed stuff back up, frame up against it leaving no insulation on the lower half of the wall below the frost line?
>>
>>1214135
If they are vacuum sealed panels then build over them, it's the best insulation and if they bothered to spend the money on them they sealed the wall behind it too. Drylock is also one of the best sealants you can buy commercially.
>>
I'm also curious, I have a pretty dry basement but it has these drainage Wells along the wall
>>
Look into a product called "InSoFast"
>>
Paint it all with Drylock, hope they didnt fuck up the drainage and frame with metal studs if you're good with them. Have it spray foamed if you have the money, rigid foam board if you dont.

>>1215528

I just finished doing this on a basement remodel a couple months ago. Cut the concrete floor, dug a trench and laid drain tile all around the perimeter that led to a sump pit. We put these little plastic things kept a small space between the concrete floor and let any water that came in run down the wall and into the drainage trench, kind of like a reverse flashing.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.