[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creating a brace to fix scoliosis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

Hey /diy/

So I have scoliosis, which isn't a bending of the spine but rather is a twist, like a spring, of the spine from the hips up to the skull. Because x-rays are 2d, it looks bent in an s-curve.

In order to counteract a muscular imbalance in the ability of the upper torso and lower torso to twist in one direction, I created this sling brace that attaches from the right shoulder to the right glute. You take a band, wrap it around the shoulder across the upper back, diagonally across the stomach back around to the right glute.

I took this guy's exercise idea, pic related, and made it into a brace. It's definitely doing something, but my attachment point is my belt I have a buckle that I slide onto my belt by my hip. But being attached to my belt it doesn't activate my right glute much, the tension gets caught on my lower left ribs and that's not ideal.

Thoughts on how to better engage my right glute? Aside from stitching the buckle into my asscheek?
>>
Ask a physical therapist so you don't fuck your body.

Or post a blueprint or drawing or something so we know what the fuck you're doing.
>>
y is my thread still in purgatory
>>
>>1213642
my body is already broken. the guy in my post, who is regrettably not me, is a physical therapist who developed the regimen using a weight machine to do exercises to fix your very low level scoliosis.

anyway its one of those things, my body is broken and will continue to break every year. the only reason not to try to fix it is guys like you trying to shame me. waste of my time to listen to somebody who doesn't understand the realities of having a degenerative condition.
>>
>>1213642
yyyyyep

there are questions that should only be answered by medical professionals
>>
Why don't you talk to a professional and get a proper brace? I used one for years. They are pretty effective, if a bit stuffy.
>>
>>1213668
Effective? It reduced your scoliosis? You realize that's currently according to medical wisdom impossible right?
>>
File: im0000013.jpg (3MB, 3520x4280px) Image search: [Google]
im0000013.jpg
3MB, 3520x4280px
Attach braces directly to spine
Pic related
>>
>>1213701
this is autism
>>
>>1213701
>One of those breaks
>Hello veggie life 4eva
>>
>>1213987
That's an x-ray of someone who has had spinal surgery, which is all modern medicine wants to do for scoliosis because it makes them like a hundred thousand per. like 80 percent of people with the surgery face lifelong debilitating pain. it makes you a veggie already.
>>
Go see a physio and they will give you exercises I had the same thing and that's the only thing that worked.
>>
>>1214096
nig your 10 degree scoliosis isnt the same thing, this shit hurts every day and night
>>
>>1214094
Yeah, but if one of those breaks and God forbid slices a spinal nerve you are going to be in a dick load of trouble. From losing sensitivity on your body to paralysis. Anyways, with or without braces it sucks nevertheless, and I'm really sorry about op's back
>>
>>1213639
>Instead of going to a doctor to fix my almost certainly permanent disfigurement, how can I instead fix this problem with cardboard, ducttape, and some scrap wood /diy/?
>>
>>1214412
Build a coffin. Boom problem solved. Where are my millions of dollars now.
>>
>>1213645
That guy may be a physical therapist, but his solution definitely won't work for you without a lot of tinkering. Tinkering you don't know how to do because you are not a physical therpapist. Tinkering nobody here will know how to do because we don't know the specific state of your spine enough, and even then you probably shouldn't listen to us in the first place. Go to a doctor. If you can't afford one, I'm sorry, but don't fuck with your back. It can get worse. It can always get worse.
>>
>>1213671
My ex had a brace for it, then surgery. Seems fixable
>>
>>1213639
You don't say it needs to actually involve your glute or just connect at that point. Since there are three gluteus muscles and you didn't specify which one I'm guessing it just needs to connect there. Have you considered a strap around your thigh that you can connect to? Consider that if it's too tight/not padded well enough you've created a tourniquet on your leg, but have fun now.
>>
>>1214412
>instead of googling the state of treatment or even reading any of the comments in this thread, how can i make an ignorant witty comment.

i dont want a knife in my back readjusting my spine, i dont think thats too much to ask for
>>
fucking retards. this country is filled with fucking monkeys, i hope the dumbass antifa losers start a civil war and end it
>>
>>1214563
Ideally the gluteus medius, that's what's not engaged but the gluteus maximus is also less engaged than the left gluteus maximus. however, the right gluteus medius is practically nonexistent. i'll give it a shot, however i am concerned about just engaging my thigh muscles rather than my glute.
>>
>>1214560
talk to me again in 10 years
>>
>>1214613
Yeah, what do those """DOCTORS"""" know about modern medicine anyway?
>>
>>1213639
If you're young enough that a brace will help you (and even then, they just slow the progress of scoliosis, not reverse it), you're almost gaurunteed to be too young to post here.

You're also too young to realize how bad of an idea making your own is. Take it from someone who wore a brace every night for years, this is something you need a professional to do for you.
>>
>>1214947
i hope you die slow
>>
>>1215065
you too, i also hope you die slow but thats pretty much guaranteed with what your spine is and the fact that you probably do dumb shit like sports or other impact physical activity. so im already covered with you
>>
>>1215321
I'll probably die from anything besides scoliosis because it isn't a life threatening condition you underage fuckhead.
>>
>>1213639
Just do the surgery, its the only thing that actually works. Also this is like 10x more common in girls. Post nudes plox.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.