[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you take these wheel lock lug nuts off? I have the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0989.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0989.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How would you take these wheel lock lug nuts off? I have the normal ones to put on and can't find any Hex bits that fit
>>
>>1213234
What are they 10 point?
If you cant find the correct driver then I would be tempted to try a hex key of an odd size but more likely than not you'll just mince it.
>>
>>1213234
> Hex bits that fit

You need something with 10 points. No hex will fit at all. What make of car, or hub, or whatever? Google "lug wrench 10 points for ******".
>>
>>1213246
>try a hex key of an odd size

It's a lug nut. They tend to be tight. Are you mathematically challenged or something? No hex will come close to engaging much of anything in a 10 point hole.

Goddamn I know sometimes you have to wing it but there comes a time when common sense has to play a part.
>>
File: 1499022070739.jpg (91KB, 511x825px) Image search: [Google]
1499022070739.jpg
91KB, 511x825px
>>1213234
Axe
>>
File: s-l500[1].jpg (21KB, 500x413px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500[1].jpg
21KB, 500x413px
>>1213234
>Alloy Wheel Tuner Bolt Nut Removal key 10 point Star Drive Tool Security Wheelnut Adapter
or similar should ring you up a selection in ebay/AMZ/whatever.. cheapos be about $5, maybe get a couple tho, them cheese adpaters should at least strip before your bolts do. Cant imagine auto parts store dont have these either, be 4 times the price (for the same Chink shit) tho. You know anyone with a BMW or similar, lot of models have one per wheel of those as security nut, car should have an adapter to normal in it, as in, can maybe borrow temp. But give it back Jamal.
>>
find a similar looked wheel nut set, the style you have is pretty common aftermarket set. you will find them on ebay for cheap.
>>
File: mnxz12-s.jpg (110KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mnxz12-s.jpg
110KB, 640x480px
>>1213263
>lot of models have one per wheel

When I googled it seemed to call the tool a "key". Once you remove that thing using the key is there an actual lug nut underneath?

One of these days I need to own a decent vehicle.
>>
>>1213234
wheel store. Those are antitheft lugs.
Though you could find them on fleabay.
>>
>>1213267
>hidden nuts underneath?
wut - hell, no, they just wheel nuts with an uncommon 10-star head, use of one per wheel would (generally..) stop people stealing your alloys, dunno why you need 5, but, whatever. PIA, forever losing the adapter.. BUT dont try this without a correct adapter, stripped wheelnuts are fuck nofun, srsly. As said, couple of bucks, or find someone with a decent car - have a stroll round the hood, you can see if somones got these - steal car, remove adapter, put car back, profit.
>>
>>1213234
actually, check carefully spare wheel compartment / wherever jacks stored / storage flaps in trunk / under the seat etc for an adapter also, you havent already done so - generally, you'd keep one with the car, otherwise, you screwed if you need to change a wheel.
>>
>>1213234
>motegi rims

Found yer problem.

Work in a mechanic shop here. Hex nut and fill the gaps with slivers of wood. Pack it tight and bump impact wrench trigger a few times to loosen it. You only need it to make a turn or so and you can remove the rest by hand. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on this since it's a one time deal and you're just gonna throw them out anyways. Of course you do realize they're using that type of lugnut for a reason, the hole is really small. You can probably switch them out for spindles, but traditional lugnuts are going to be too big.
>>
>>1213340
*splined lug nuts

My bad
>>
>>1213251
>>1213257
Come on guys you'll never get anywhere with that attitude! I'm about 15% confident this might have a chance
>>
>>1213340
>Work in a mechanic shop here. Hex nut and fill the gaps with slivers of wood. Pack it tight and bump impact wrench trigger a few times to loosen it

Awesome!

Btw, mind mentioning the name of your shop, so I can add it to PLACES NEVER TO GO TO.
>>
>>1213234
Jamal, how many times do we have to talk about this?
>>
File: billy_madison_image_3.jpg (224KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
billy_madison_image_3.jpg
224KB, 900x507px
>>1213385
Alright you got me. I don't work in a shop, but I know a guy who does
>>
>>1213234
Have you tried magic?
>>
>>1213340
>Rims
You disgust me. Those are wheels.
>>
>>1213395
>>1213504
>>
File: ezout.jpg (7KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
ezout.jpg
7KB, 245x245px
Why has no one suggested an ez-out?
Get size close enough to just barely fit, if needed, grind down the narrow end until it's just about right. Make sure it bottoms out.
>>
>>1213528
this
>>
>>1213546
Why the fuck would you ruin the bolts with that when there's a proper fucking tool for the job?? This whole thread is retarded
>>
If you don't give a fuck about them and just want them out, pour a shot of black on a chisel and just hammer it in and turn it with your most professional channel locks. Covers 90% more than flat.
>>
>>1214150
True, but if you are stupid enough to ask car questions on /diy/ you deserve whatever shitty advice you get.
>>
>>1213546
>100Nm steel fasteners
>ez-out
no
>>
>>1213234

If you can't find the tool or buy one for whatever reason. You will need to sacrifice a 12 point socket.

Find a socket that just won't go on. Grab a hammer.

hammer that bitch over the outside of those lugbolts, and zip them off with an impact or breaker bar.
>>
>>1215154
>if you are stupid enough to ask car questions on /diy/ you deserve whatever shitty advice you get.

/diy/ consistently puts out good car advice in a long lasting thread while /o/ is very unhelpful and the threads die quickly.
OP is just a retard and this isnt really a real car question.
>>
>>1213267
I had them on my car. Got a flat and went to change it. Damn key got shredded by my mechanic. Had to have it towed, had the shop remove all of them and just replace with normal lug nuts
>>
>>1213234
Your local tire shop will have the correct tool. They would use them every day.
>>
>>1213261
Muhahaha
>>
>>1213234
u need the key. its likely the same as the one that comes with the "tuner" nuts at the auto parts store.

fyi you may not be able to put normal ones on. some wheels require slim lug nuts and yours look like they go into a small hole. regular acorns likely will not fit. see if you can find the model of rim online and research first.
>>
Check the glove box. Seriously.
Key will be at the bottom\back
>>
>>1213483
No you don't
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.