[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats a decent paying trade job that doesnt require too much math?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1464369575058.jpg (50KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1464369575058.jpg
50KB, 408x439px
whats a decent paying trade job that doesnt require too much math?
>>
File: 1425449887190.gif (118KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1425449887190.gif
118KB, 600x450px
>>1213039
Painter.
Its boring but easy, and contractors are always looking for reliable painters that will show up on time sober.
>>
>>1213042
looks alright. Never knew you could get an Journeyman from painting
>>
>>1213042
>always looking for reliable painters that will show up on time sober.
Is sober like a requirement now? Fucking regulations and shit keep getting stricter.
>>
>>1213063
I once painted my house while stoned and mixed the primer with the actual paint by mistake and didn't realize it after i was halfway done with a wall.
>>
>>1213065
Shit it must be because i'm stoned again, i mean the door. I was painting a door mate.
>>
I'm an aircraft mechanic. No math required, just a lot of memorizing. Doesn't pay enough for the amount of work needed to be certified and stress that's put on you knowing you signed off and aircraft to fly, but an A&P goes a long way. It's a good trade that can also land you a job as QA.
>>
>>1213072
>>1213039
Mechanics in general. Repair is like a giant puzzle. Math is rarely needed. Just need to know how to measure. Dismantling is a good one too. You just rip and tear. gotta be able to drop an engine in under an hour tho.
>>
>>1213039
Computer tech support. I sit in an air condition office browsing the web while talking to people on the phone and remotely accessing their computers to fix problems. You have to have a shitton of knowledge but basically nothing in certs to get a helpdesk job. Moving up from there it is all certs and experience based. You don't need a degree. Put in your time and get your certs and you can easily become a system or network 'architect' or 'super admin' what ever they call it in your area. It seems to vary.

As for math, on an average day, I might use something as complex as multiplication and then pretty infrequently. I don't do any programming, though. Scripting is as complex as it gets for us.
>>
>>1213083
That explains why the tech guy at my work couldn't hook up a printer.
>>
>>1213086
Setting up printers is super easy. Troubleshooting a printer is hell. Most of the stuff I deal with is networked multifunction copier deals. So, it is basically plug it into power, plug it into ethernet, and then add it via its IP address on the machine. Done. If the client is fancy we will deploy it via GPO. Done and done.

Jobs not printing? Could be anything. Bad drivers, fucked up print spooler, networking issues, Windows just being a dick, and all that before you even get to problems with the printer itself. We had a printer with a failing network card that took ages to track down because it was only dropping jobs from some of the computers and not others. Lord help you if it is some piece of shit "home office" pile of garbage.

Don't even get me started on scan to folder issues. We have the one client that managed their own domain because he is a cheap shit and only called us when something was on fire. The dumbass rolls out a new password GPO that cause all password to expire and need to be changed every 6 months (except his own of course). Well, their copiers used an AD account for scanning files to each machine in the address book. Guess which account he forgot to add to the exceptions list? 6 month later that account password expired and no one could scan. Then he calls us and tries to blame us because we were the ones that setup the machine. 4 years previously. Yeah, dude, totally our bad. Of course, they didn't put 2 and 2 together and didn't mention that they had deployed the GPO because they had no idea how their copier even worked. We had to go digging to find out what was going on because, of course, the error message on the copier was less than helpful ("network scan failure"). He did buy us a nice fruit basket after we found the real cause and fixed it. So, not a total dick but still.
>>
>>1213086
Please explain why not having to use quadratic equations as a part of your job results in not being able to plug something into a USB port?
>>
>>1213039
plumbing pays very well in most countries I think (at least where I live). and I really don't think you need any serious math to get a degree.
>>
Carpentry has not much math. The only math you need addition, subtraction, and how to divide by 2 or whatever number to evenly space out things.

Framing imo, has the most math and something like trim carpentry needs the least. Once you get enough experience, you start your own remodeling company
>>
>>1213039
I run heavy equipment for about 40k a year.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.