[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this possible? I know it is retarted but what would it take?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
Is this possible? I know it is retarted but what would it take?
>>
>>1212330
make a murder investigation interesting
>>
>>1212336
>shoots enemy
>waits
>diagnosed with cancer
>no investigation
>>
>>1212330
You'd need
>Gamma ray source
Decaying isotopes (Cobalt for example) are the usual gamma source, but they aren't potent enough to be a usable weapon. Unless causing an statistically increased chance of cancer over the next 3 decades counts as a weapon. That means you need a nuclear reaction of some kind. I have no fucking idea how you'll get that in a handheld form factor, especially without irradiating yourself.

>A Gamma ray reflector
Google tells me that a gamma ray prism material was invented in 2012. If you have access to a state of the art materials research laboratory, you might be able to get some.

>An initiator
If you have a steady gamma source of the required intensity (such as an active fission reactor) then the trigger only needs to open an aperture in the shielding. If the device uses a nuclear burst, then the trigger needs to initiate the fission as well.

If all goes well, you'll have a device capable of rendering the target dead from acute radiation sickness 12 to 24 hours after exposure.
>>
>>1212358
My fucking god, just dump some polonium in his drink. Much easier, tovarisch.
>>
>>1212391
Good idea, that would take care of the inverse-square problem too!
>>
>>1212396
What the shit is an inverse square and why is it an issue
>>
>>1212407

The strength of radio waves (or EM in general) being emitted in all directions from a point source follow an inverse square relationship with the distance from that point.

This means it becomes exponentially more difficult to pick up a signal (or give someone cancer, I guess) the further away you are.
>>
>>1212407
you skip high school physics?
>>
>>1212409
Yea I was playing fallout
>>
File: Inverse Square Explanation.jpg (26KB, 564x365px) Image search: [Google]
Inverse Square Explanation.jpg
26KB, 564x365px
>>1212407
This should help
>>
File: square.jpg (43KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
square.jpg
43KB, 768x1024px
>>1212415
Damn I thought it would look more like this sort of square
>>
>>1212408
>inverse square relationship
>This means it becomes exponentially more difficult to pick up a signal
Wrong
It means that its quadratically more difficult to pick up the signal
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-20-02-35-26.png (763KB, 1371x1342px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-20-02-35-26.png
763KB, 1371x1342px
>>1212427
Found this
>>
>>1212428
Yes precisely.

Quadratically more difficult ~ 1/(r^2)
Exponentially more difficult ~ 1/(e^r)
>>
>>1212430
wait I am drunk
Exponentially more difficult ~ ln(r)
>>
What kind of range this fantasy thing is supposed to have and how quickly it is supposed to do its job?
>>
>>1212433
Guy earlier said that "if all goes well", they would die of radiation sickness under 24 hours. Or it would cause cancer 35 years down the line. It should probably have a switch for both options honestly. As for range I have no friggen idea
>>
Not at all portable, but the way to go would be a free electron laser. The Australian Synchrotron for example has a 20 kW hard x-ray undulater that would fuck someone up
>>
>>1212431
>wait I am drunk

Never drink & derive
>>
Y not make a microwave cannon instead? Actually feasible with readily available parts, unlike this rad zapper
>>
>>1212344
Calm down CIA
>>
>>1212358
> I have no fucking idea how you'll get that in a handheld form factor
A plutonium fission bomb core will literally fit in the plam of your hand.
Even a uranium one theoretically would, but you'd have to be one jacked up motherfucker to be able to hold it.
>especially without irradiating yourself
yes, well, nothing is perfect...

Technically if it doesn't have to be gamma, there's the possibility of an x-ray laser. Can be very powerful and very concentrated. But would probably still irradiate everything around it.
>>
>>1212415
Shit is quite obviously not a square at all.
The sides are unequal
>>
File: 2dank.png (36KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
2dank.png
36KB, 300x100px
>>1212451
beautiful kek.
>>
>>1212438
>It should probably have a switch for both options honestly.
"Shake" and "Bake"
>>
>inverse-square problem
Not a problem if you make a graser instead of a gamma flashlight.
>>
>>1212552
>x-ray laser

Good luck reflecting x-rays (required to lase).

There are reasons x-ray lasers don't exist.
>>
You can use F-18 as gamma source.
But it's better to use IR. A big enough CO2 laser can superheat people and you got a good range with that.
>>
>>1212396
And don't forget Rayleigh scattering . It's inverse power 4.
>>
>>1213036
i'm no physicist (this will become apparent) but how about a synchotron rather than bouncing back and forward you spin around and around. no i don't know how that would work at all.
>>
>>1212330
Looks like the trigger mechanism is pulling a piece of chord.

I imagine its linked to a small arm that throws a small ball of polonium coated in superglue towards the target where it will break down over a number of years giving the target cancer.

I dont know why there is a cheap camping heater strapped to the front of it unless its camo?
>>
>>1213076
I think that is a glue splattershield™
>>
>>1212451
kek
>>
File: received_1767312413299502.jpg (7KB, 372x213px) Image search: [Google]
received_1767312413299502.jpg
7KB, 372x213px
>>1212451
>>
>>1212427
"exponentially" is the correct term to use in normal speech sperg
>>
>>1213036
a free electron laser doesn't need a resonant cavity, all the work is done in the undulator
Also, X-rays definitely can be reflected. Only problem is that you need a very high impact angle.
>>
>>1212330
well there were a bunch of KKK people who got arrested for attempting to rig an old X-ray machine into a cancer canon mounted in an old cargo van so they could shoot it at coons
>>
What ever happened to using UV lasers to make an ionized channel in the air, then a stun gun with one end to earth ground at shoe or something so that you use the ionized channel in the air instead of a wire on a tazer?
Did it ever go commercial or even fun hobbyist level?
>>
>>1212358
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident
First thing that came to mind, don't know why exactly. Regardless, an interesting read.
>>
>>1212494
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XbLz0L6UdI
Yes.
>>
>>1213549
Doesn't need to be UV, but it helps. I read about electrolasers on wikipedia a while ago, and they do look pretty ballin'.

>>1213563
Holy shit that's insane.
>>
>>1213563
Damn that looks faked... near the end when the stereo playing the slavshit music blows up, the guy with the magnetron apparatus shows up almost immediately too soon. And the video camera filming it is unaffected.

The e-scooter also gave off too much smoke and looks like a planted charge later replicated in the stereo destruction segment.

The whole video looks like a slickly choregraphed fake. I believe the tin foil suits (they already knew that pulsed microwaves of short duration are essentially harmless) knowing slav humor were an analogy about skepticism and not believing everything you see... especially in that video.
>>
>>1214827
I'll make one and see, and I can't be the only one who's taken apart a few microwaves. I just hope the boxes I put the magnetrons in didn't scrape at the red ceramic.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.