[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 20170415_221938.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170415_221938.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Rate the scrap metal flower I made
>>
>>1212026
i like how the nicks and burrs will teach people not to touch it
>>
>>1212026

Nice work. If you could apply some sort of patina to give it some color it would be very nice.
>>
That's cool as hell
>>
>>1212026
It looks pretty cool. It will be nice if you give some more info - materials , details on making it and 1-2 more pics.
>>
File: 20170430_201344.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170430_201344.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>1212045
Materials: steel rod, aluminum plate. Don't have photos of making tho. But all you need is a grinder, metal cuting scizors, pliers, handrill and torch.
First you cut out the forms out of aluminum plate, start with six - eith circles, two with diamter of 6cm two of diamter of 8cm two of diamter of 10cm and also one or two of 12cm. Then form petals with scizors. Then grind up metal rod, and heat it so it would get colors - purple, yealow and blue. And then grind up the end so it would fit the center holes of petals. Heat up the end, put on petals, bent the end so it would hold the petals and start forming, aluminum is soft and easy to form so no aditional heating is required. After finishing bend the rod because no rose has a straight shaft.
>>
>>1212031
I have thought about coloring it it would look ten times better.

I'm making those as a gift mostly whenever a birthday comes I make one and each comes out better then last. Wish I had more steel plates, because aluminum ones doesn't really fit th steel rod
>>
>>1212055
Just for grins you might look into heat coloring.
>>
>aluminum

TIME TO ANODIZE
>>
>>1212026
great job on that. The outer petals are alittle broad and flat shaped for my liking, but that's an opinion thing. Pretty fantastic, I like the nicks and burrs myself. I'm not much a fan of working in aluminum, but it certainly looks nice. How do you intend to display it?
>>
>>1212026
10/10.

How to guide?
>>
>>1212055
Anon you could make a killing at little fair vooths and farmers markets and such. You coyld do luke i do also and commission someone else to sell your wares if you dont have enough to warrent a whole table. My sister in law is super crafty. I give here a plastic tote full of my stuff and sell for $2 each or so depending on what it is. I let her mark it up to whatever she wants and keep the rest. And onlybtake it okaces she thinks it woyld sell or has room for. This way its 0 stres on her and at certain larger sales she can charge upwards of $12! Sure i only make the $2 but hey, shes dealing with all the customers and carting it around. Plus its family working together so idgaf.
>>
>>1212203
>TIME TO ANODIZE!

OP THIS!!!!!

EVEN IF U GOTTA MAKE A FEW DOZEN AND PAY A CONPANY TO DO IT. BUT THE DIY KITS ARE ALSO GOOD
>>
Deburr that motherfucker. Do you have a vibratory tumbler? You should make one if you don't.
>>
File: IMAG0133.jpg (1MB, 1952x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0133.jpg
1MB, 1952x3264px
>>1212026
I need a less shitty camera but not the greatest fan of your flower, should have used a wire wheel before assembling. Also steel is a lot better than aluminum for this. Oxyacetylene and long nose pliers to get the petals to look more real
>>
>>1212591
Hell.

Thats purdy good anon.

My only skill is tearing shot apart to build something cool bit running out of time and money and the scraping it...
>>
>>1212026
haha i thought you said RAPE the scrap metal flower i made and i was thinking "lol no thanks i dont want lockjaw fggt"
>>
>>1212591
>That endmill in the drill chuck.
>That vise without jaws inserts.
>>
District 9/10
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.