[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rastall in the EU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (5KB, 394x128px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 394x128px
Sup /diy/
Anyone know where I can get a Rastall miners wrench with the hammer bit in the EU (particularly in France)? It looks like it can be only bought in Canada or the US. Anyone know how I can get my hands on one of those without doubling the price?
>>
>>1211894
May I ask why?

The hammer greatly increases difficulty of using wrench in tight spaces.
Seems like a terrible idea to me.
>>
Just when I thought you couldnt outstupid the rigging axe.
>>
Stanley has a "Demolition" Wrench with a hammer. STA075081.

Might be able to find it locally.
>>
>>1211949

I'd like to find a 1/2 socket wrench with one of those hammer things coming off the side. When I'm under a car it's a pain in the ass to have to crawl out for a hammer. 16 oz would be ideal; strong enough to knock the shit out of something, but not so heavy that it wears you down.
>>
>>1211920
For reaching tight places I use my normal wrench. The hammer bit is for me only to give a small hit to another wrench which doesn't want to engage on a deformed nut.
I also have to admit that I realy like the look, even if it isn't practical (like buying a RX7 or a Mustang, it's not the best thing for the job, but if you like the look, are willing to do some compromise, why not)
>>1211949
Thanks, I'll check it out
>>
>>1211993
>The hammer bit is for me only to give a small hit to another wrench which doesn't want to engage on a deformed nut.

In general this just leads to deformed nuts or broken shit. Use something to extend the wrench like a pipe, or get a proper breaker bar. If you are talking about hitting an open end wrench or heaven forbid an adjustable wrench then you are doing it wrong.

Of course impact wrenches seem to contradict everything I just said lol. go ahead and use the big hammer.
>>
File: mining_wrench_hammer.jpg (72KB, 805x888px) Image search: [Google]
mining_wrench_hammer.jpg
72KB, 805x888px
Tools you never use: Top model from Taiwan
>>
>>1212009
>It's already deformed
I mean like on a rounded nut, I can put my normal wrench on it, give it good wack with the hammer head (especially in confined places where the pipe and real hammer isn't possible), and reform a bit of hexagon to turn the damn thing. Oh and also I can wave it like a hammer to scare fucking greg away when I work.
>>
I also want to know where i can buy a thumb detecting nut fucker
>>
>>1212060
Ur bum
>>
File: spud-wrench-hammer.jpg (54KB, 600x284px) Image search: [Google]
spud-wrench-hammer.jpg
54KB, 600x284px
>>1212059
>scare fucking greg away
another Rastall curiosum
>>
>>1212064

I'd like to hear what Greg has to say about those stress points.
>>
>>1212058
Too bad the ratcheting end isn't metric
>>
>>1212069
"They're skookum enough for the girls I grew up with"
Greg
>>
>>1211993
>>1212059
I like the Snap n' Grip for this purpose.

A little story:
I'm driving and start feeling knocking sound from the steering of my truck.
It's the inside tie rod.
Knockings get worse every few km.
I had no tools and was too far from home to keep driving.

At the ironware store I buy a set of two of those kind of wrench for less €12, and a tie rod from the parts store for €14.

I use the wrench to remove the wheel nuts. 24mm sized, much bigger than wheel wrenches the people in the parking lot had.

Then I use it to remove 3 different size nuts and the tie rod itself.
The tie rod is impossible to get off with a normal wrench when the balljoint has a lot of play like mine had.

I am sold on them now.

>a 1 ton truck designed in 1960s and an economy car from 1990s share the same inner tie rod.

Anyone want to guess the make?
>>
>>1211894
stop cosplaying a canadian
>>
>>1212064
what will be their next invention a wrench, hammer and a butt plug so you don't need a tool belt anymore?
>>
>>1213062
Those look nice, but I'm not sure they'll work on rounded nuts. Meh, as an emergency/cary with tool, why not
>>
File: airpods.jpg (27KB, 640x530px) Image search: [Google]
airpods.jpg
27KB, 640x530px
>>1213091
But what would I put my airPod?
>>
File: goddamn_I_was_an_idiot.jpg (40KB, 1100x464px) Image search: [Google]
goddamn_I_was_an_idiot.jpg
40KB, 1100x464px
>>1213392
>I'm not sure they'll work on rounded nuts.

If /diy/ had a sticky, it would say this: If you encounter rounded nuts on a regular basis, you are doing something very wrong.

Either you are buying shit from a retard, or you are a retard.

I know. I used to round off nuts when I was a retarded kid. I used to regularly use pic related. I still own it. I have not used it in literally decades.

There's nothing wrong with being new and inexperienced. There's everything wrong with not learning, especially now that you can google any thing imaginable.
>>
>>1213392
Depends on how rounded they are but they'll probably work.

They're not as grippy as a pipe wrench, but still grippy enough.

The big one hooked on to the bell shaped part of the tie rod easily enough.
>>
>>1213401
>rounding off nuts

Why would you do that in the first place?
>>
>>1213496
>>1213401
I dont round them often. It's just when taking old nuts appart, or very tight nuts which were put on without a washrer or some oil. Or just plain stuck nuts or bolts. And no, I don't round them on purpose, even though I usualy work on repairing some chinesium grade shit with shitty bolts
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>1213757
>were put on without a washrer or some oil.

Almost all fasteners work better if you apply anti-seize to the threads. Even spark plugs come out easier. Exhaust fittings benefit, but after enough years they can become baked. If you work on a vehicle and there is any possibility that you will work on that part of it ever again, you will be glad if you used pic related on the threads.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.