[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you don't have one, get one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1499900126801.jpg (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499900126801.jpg
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>1211321
is that a solar powered roof vent?
>>
>>1211321
That's fucking genius.
>>
>>1211323
Yup, best idea ever.
>>
>>1211386

whoever thought of that should be invited to the white house.
>>
why would you need a roof vent anyway?
>>
>>1211499
Attics are separate air spaces from the living space. They accumulate solar-heated air and transfer that heat into the living space.
>>
>>1211509

This. My last house:

>built in 1940's
>was originally one floor house with very high ceiling
>addition in the 1970's added all kinds of stuff, including an upstairs
>one bedroom, one bath, and a huge attic area 3/4 the size of the house
>I used this as my workshop
>during the summer, it could easily be 30 degrees or more than the rest of the house
>this was due to all wood construction (making the entire room like a humidor) and poor ventilation

I was able to fix this by repairing two broken attic fans and adding a window unit (attic had two windows to match the windows in the bedroom/bathroom next to it).
>>
>>1211321
How big of a space are you pulling from? How many other vents do you have? Do you have sofit vents or gables? How many other peak vents do you have?
>>
>>1211561
It's pulling from the center of a <1000 square feet attic.

Not much sofit vents so I opened the attic staircase which is in the garage + garage window, it's amazing the amount of air it's pulling up.
>>
Unless your ceiling is perfectly sealed from attic, no ceiling lights etc, your going to pull your ac cooled air into the attic and make your ac work harder and costlier
>>
>>1211613
Kek, maybe if it's those 200 watt monster, the 20-30watt brushless fan got no suction, it's designed for 0 pressure massive cfms.

Also, it's really nice to have no attic air coming into the house with the fan on.
>>
>>1211321
Yes because I like running wires in my insulated attic for a 30% efficient solar panel that needs 20 years for payback.

>get bent solarcuck
>>
>running wires
What wires? I don't think you understand the concept here.
>>
>>1211394
It's something of practical use, not a gutted clock you fool.
>>
>>1211661
>doesn't know about the solar panels on the roof during the Carter administration
>>
>>1211630
>not understanding how little electricity a simple stepper motor uses
>not understanding that solar panels are cheap these days

stay ignant senpai
>>
>>1211321
A buddy has something similar on his boat. Great to have in the tropics to keep the air circulating.
>>
>>1211321
hot air rises thru a normal roof vent pulling outside air in thru soffit vents...waste of money here
>>
>>1211783
Not anywhere near enough.
>>
>>1211661
>not a gutted clock
fuck you, I finally forgot about that bullshit
>>
>>1211499
Living in the basement you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>1212457
why would I live in either roof or basement, they are both used as storage
>>
>>1211613
All of the house is rather cool during summer except the attic, so I don't need AC
Then If I install this solar roof vent, I can imagine the attic getting cooler while making the rest of the house rather warmer (or at least what physics tell me)
I'd rather prefer attic to be hot, instead of an overall warmer house
>>
>>1211613
$10 in caulking and Great Stuf expanding foam would take care of that and should already be done in all houses. Windows and doors should be the only way air should move in/out of a house.
>>
>>1211613
Dont live in a shithole that needs ac
>>
>>1211684
>doesn't know that solar panels are the biggest meme in the green meme industry
>doesn't know that Carter made us do gas rationing even though there was absolutely no shortage on gas nor sign there was going to be.

Aside from that, this is a good idea because it's only powering a fan that would be needed on a hot sunny day.
>>
>>1212469
If your house is cool then no need to do anything.

Roof fan like this draws air from outside (eg: soffit vents) into the attic cooling it down so your house would be even cooler.
>>
>>1212525
but drawing air near the roof would be even worse. air near the roof tends to be rather hot
I think if you vent the air out, you'd be drawing cooler air into the attic
>>
>>1212531
It takes air from soffit and vent it out the top of the roof. My attic was 140+ when outside is 100f, now it's 110+, you do the math.
>>
>>1211630
these solar vents do not need any wires anon.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.