[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here every try making their own sodas? Picture of some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 20170717_232813.jpg (657KB, 1216x1012px) Image search: [Google]
20170717_232813.jpg
657KB, 1216x1012px
Anyone here every try making their own sodas? Picture of some syrups I made that mostly went to waste. I'm just getting back into making soda and actually trying to carbonate now. Any tips or recipes? I'm only attempting to make a max of 4 liters at a time. Today's recipe in comments
>>
So over the last 2 days I worked on an apple pie soda. Started by adding 9 quartered red delicious apples to a stockpot. Threw in some allspice, cinnamon, and sugar and boiled it for an hour and simmered for 2 before straining it into a pitcher and chilling over night
>>
>>1211108
For the soda, I made a simple syrup dissolving 2 cups of cane sugar with 1/4 cup of water, bringing to a boil. I then added a tsp of vanilla extract and 2 cups of water. Brought it to a boil then added 2 cups of the cider. After cooling it i added 1/8 tsp yeast mixed with a cup of water. Poured it in two 2 liter bottles and topped them off with water.
>>
>>1211109
Before adding the yeast and cider, I tried the syrup mixture with my soda stream. About 1/4 cup of syrup and 1/2 cup of cider. Turned out decently but the spice overpowers the sweetness. Not so much an apple pie taste as it is a carbonated sweet cider. Next time I'll try adding brown sugar and actual vanilla bean
>>
>>1211107
I've made ginger ale using Alton Brown's recipe. It was okay, and I messed with it enough to make it better to my taste. That recipe calls for bread yeast, and you basically just don't drink the last cup or so. It makes me want to try making beer just to find out how to filter the yeast out so I can drink it all!
>>
>>1211113
Not a big ginger ale guy but I'll have to try making it sometime
>>
1. Make a flavored simple syrup. Google has thousands of recipes. Store airtight and refrigerated for up to two months.
2. Mix 2-4 TBSP to taste with 1 can of seltzer water or club soda (usually costs about $3-4 per dozen, so $0.25 a soda).

That's all. You're done.
>>
I've made root beer a couple times. That's the classic home brew soda, no? It was pretty good, in an old-timey way. Yeasty flavor works ok with root beer.
>>
>>1211718
What ingredients did you use?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.