[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I want to build myself a Minimoog clone. Ive seen other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: minimoog.jpg (2MB, 2904x1483px) Image search: [Google]
minimoog.jpg
2MB, 2904x1483px
Hello.
I want to build myself a Minimoog clone. Ive seen other clones online, and I wanted to know if someone could link good resources on them. I've read that there are schematics and all online, but I dont know if I just can build it and it works. It probably wont. I would be happy if someone could link resources and maybe share own experiences with diy synth building.
Have a good day!
>>
>>1210740
>I dont know if I just can build it and it works.

With modern opamps and such you can probably follow a recipe.

Every time I re-watch Clockwork Orange I'm astounded at how perfect Walter Carlos was. Wait, did I say Walter? I mean Wendy, as "she" is now known. See kids, transgender people have been around for a long time, doing wonderful things, like winning the Olympic decathlon while dreaming of having a vagina some day.
>>
>>1210754
That was so non-sequitur my head is spinning

>>1210740
The Crowminius is a decent clone, but is a little bit of an intermediate project.

http://www.cs80.com/crowminius/

>inb4 shill
>>
File: 1434548952196.jpg (129KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1434548952196.jpg
129KB, 500x667px
>>1210812
>That was so non-sequitur my head is spinning

thanks. It's my job, and I do it well.
>>
>>1210740
I want to build a synth, but I don't want to use some shitty toy keyboard to go with it.

I want to build a keyboard and the synth to go with it. Are there any resources on this online?
I can't find anything.
>>
>>1211089
keyboard building is going to rely more heavily on plastics manufacturing than actual electronics, which is always the biggest pain in the ass of any project.

I'd recommend just buying a midi keyboard. You can get them dirt cheap used, or for under 70 dollars new, and I can guarantee it'll play better than anything you could ever make yourself with a 3d printer.
Midi is really easy to work with too.
>>
sort of related to OPs question but are there any good books (or even youtube channels) that teach people to make synthesizers, pedals and that sort of stuff? (that don't assume you already know shit about electronics)
>>
>>1211123
I was thinking of using my woodworking experience, tools, and materials to take care of that portion of the project.

Still, can't find any schematics online.
>>
>>1211210
Muffwiggler's diy forum, check the stickies

Ray Wilson's music from outer space site, or buy his book "make: analog synthesizers"

That is where most folks get started I believe. Get a couple breadboards to try out some circuits like the Atari punk console.

Get parts based on the circuits you want to build and go for it!

Personally, I started buying eurorack kits, then just PCBs sourcing parts from mouser
>>
>>1211425
Thank you, this is really helpful. I appreciate it.
>>
>>1211425
nice info, thanks a lot
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.