[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NOT /diy/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1486287322756.jpg (693KB, 1656x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1486287322756.jpg
693KB, 1656x2500px
Hey /diy/ I usually do everything myself, but in cases where that's not an option, like large projects I want done quickly or things requiring a license like HVAC, what criteria do you use to avoid having subhuman ex-con retards on your property where they can rip you off and case the joint?
>>
>>1210550
>what criteria do you use to avoid having subhuman ex-con retards on your property

You can't avoid that. Hire a contractor with a good reputation and he will handle the subhumans.

Every now and then some retarded homeowner will ask my boss for background reports on his workers, and he talks them out of it. It's funny how the most paranoid idiots will be letting us have the run of the house after the second day.

If you have to stand around and watch them then you should just do the work yourself even if it takes you two years to do a three day job.
>>
If hes black send him back
>>
>>1210761
unironically this desu
Niggers are usually too dumb to plan shit out in advance and pay enough attention when doing hard work.
>>
It's hit or miss. Get plenty of estimates and use your best judgement.
>>
>>1210550
I know this is going to sound strange, but I speak to them.

Seriously, though - if they can't form a coherent sentence without saying "like", send them back. If they pronounce there th-sounds as d-sounds (ex: "Gimmie dat dere hammer.") send 'em back. If they swear, fart, or belch while speaking with you (the customer) send them back. My reasoning behind this is that if they aren't smart enough to filter themselves, then they can't/don't think ahead - which means the usual deterrents are likely to not work on them and therefore makes them untrustworthy.
>>
>>1210903
Basically this, OP

Just look for professional behavior. Most of the good contractors will be smart enough to keep the trash back at the shop and away from the public.

Look for dress and behavior. Don't be overbearing, but keep an eye on them. Don't be afraid to tell them to get out if you catch a bad vibe.
>>
>>1210550
>HVAC
>license
If it's your house and you have non-retarded neighbors, do whatever your want when there aren't many people out and keep quiet about it.
>>
>>1211333
you might need a license for the refrigerant, i don't think you need anything to work on the system
>>
>>1210931
>Look for dress

But be realistic. My boss once told me that a homeowner wanted the painters to wear clothes that did not have any paint on them.

If I were the boss I would have asked the crew to find the shabbiest most painted shirts caps and pants they owned, and if the homeowner threw us out it would be worth the laugh.

And before anyone chimes in, painters who worry too much about keeping their clothes clean are seldom the ones who do the best work, including keeping the house and property clean.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.