[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Around the house stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6332.gif (820KB, 420x544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6332.gif
820KB, 420x544px
Is there a manual or a complete comprehensive guide on all things house related? Like fixing things around the house. I don't know how to do any of it. From doing chores or everyday stuff to like fixing a chair or some random shit? Will I need multiple books?
>>
>>1209991
I use this obscure website called YouTube when I'm doing something outside my scope of knowledge.
>>
>>1209998
I need to learn all of it right now. I'm a shut in NEET and I'm being removed from my place of habitation. So I have to get an apartment and physically and mentally have no clue what to do. Does YT have a channel that empirically has everything I need?
>>
>>1210000
Yeah, the search bar.
>>
Yeah, I have this amazing old Better Home and Garden compilation book that pretty much covers everything. It's called the Complete Guide to Home Repair, Maintanance, and Improvement. It's a bit dated which is both bad and good since most of the instructions are very diy friendly. It's even fully illustrated.
>>
>>1210003
Thanks very much I'll buy it
>>
for anything more complicated than changing lightbulbs and tightening screws, youtube really does have you covered.

earlier this year i had a leak in my kitchen sink, drain basket strainer thing had lost seal with rest of sink, water dropped right through and on to the floor below. Anyway, i get antsy about anything water and plumbing related but figured i should check youtube to see what the fix would entail. 10 minute video watched and trip to hardware store for supplies made, I had the thing fixed no harm no foul and no problemo whatsoever.

OP, head over to hardware store and get yourself one of those multi-screwdrivers. That'll get you started on anything screw related.

Oh also if you'll be renting your new place, know that your landlord is responsible for repairs if/when things break. You can (and should) call them when anything needs a serious business fixing.
>>
>>1209991
www.ebay.com/itm/Home-Improvement-1-2-3-Expert-Advice-from-the-Home-Depot-NoDust-/262601880498
>>
>>1210015
Thanks to you too
>>
>>1210019
Thanks anon
>>
Does /diy/ have a recommended book for housekeeping?
>>
I don't know.
>>
>>1209991
Theres PDFs online of basic home repairs from Home Deport, Black + Decker, etc. Like I say, there basic such as replacing outlets, switches, running pex piping, changing your shitter, etc.
>>
>>1209991
Dont bother with books, seriously.
As much as the other anon was being a dick, Youtube is your best friend.

There are always many different ways to do something. A book is static and will show you maybe 1 or 2 ways to do something. Watching a handful of videos can easily show you a lot of different solutions, unless there is a prevalent single way to do it.

Just wait until you have a need to fix something, watch a bunch of videos and have at it. It gets much easier as time goes on. Your experience will compound and logically youll think about stuff differently to fix problems.

Buying a book to "teach you everything" is not really the best approach IMO
>>
>>1212933
I can fix shit, but I dont really keep house all that well. Weird how we can grow up and never learn something like that.
>>
>>1212998
YouTube is a godsend to working on cars. Just have to stick to the more reliable content and it's invaluable.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.