[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dimmable LED lighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (11KB, 289x445px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 289x445px
I've bought some dimmable LED Lights. The dimmer must be leading edge, as the lights flicker and dim strangely.

Is it simple to install a trailing edge dimmer for use with these bulbs? LED Dimming seems to be hit and miss from everything I've read.

Thanks for any help.
>>
staged LED lights make more sense
>>
>>1209626
http://www.bowdenshobbycircuits.info/page5.htm
>>
>>1209618

Installing a different dimmer is generally simple, unless it's plastered in or something equally retarded.

Of course trailing edge dimmers are more expensive and the whole concept of using a dimmer designed for AC lighting with LED bulbs hurts on an aesthetic level.
>>
File: 41PaLXf+Z9L.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41PaLXf+Z9L.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
>>1209885

Thank you.

I've removed the face place and it's not plastered in, so it would just be a case of removing the module on the back and replacing it with a new one.

I've found this module and it says the max is 250w GLS. My LED bulbs are 5w, but 50w replacements. Does that mean I can only run a maximum of 5 bulbs?
>>
>>1209913

Now that I think about it, does it actually mean that if I ran this switch with standard GLS bulbs, it would be a max of 250w?

I read a review that confused me, but the above seems to make more sense.
>>
>>1209618
I have old dimmer switchs and they work with dimmable led bulbs fine but with old led bulbs they flash. So just buy dimmable led bulbs there pretty cheap now.
>>
>>1209913
>>1209916
It means you can run a maximum of 50bulbs. "replacement" wattage only implies that the brightness of the bulb, in lumens, is equivalent to an incandescent bulb of the stated wattage. I'm going to be very happy when that stupid old nomenclature is removed from packages. It's very confusing to people who don't understand electricity.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.